The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Problem with saving after migration DAW Software
Old 23rd March 2019
Gear Nut

Problem with saving after migration

Hi,

I thought I posted this but couldn't see it in the forum. Feel free to delete if a duplicate post

I've purchased a new Mac and have migrated all the stuff from my old one onto it.
I've opened Logic which opened the last project I was working on. I've made a change and gone to save it and get this error message The Document ''name of the project'' could not be saved. The file doesn't exist.

So I thought I would open the same project but this time locating it in finder and opening it from there. Still get the same error message when saving it.
Then I tried doing Save As... but it says The document ''name of project'' could not be saved as ''new name of project''. The file doesn't exist.

I have tried opening another file that isn't in the recent list on Logic. It opens fine and seems normal till I save it and I still get both saving issues.

If it can't find the file, how does it open it?

Any one else had this problem and knows how to fix it?

Thanks!
Old 24th March 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias Enstrom View Post
Hi,

I thought I posted this but couldn't see it in the forum. Feel free to delete if a duplicate post

I've purchased a new Mac and have migrated all the stuff from my old one onto it.
I've opened Logic which opened the last project I was working on. I've made a change and gone to save it and get this error message The Document ''name of the project'' could not be saved. The file doesn't exist.

So I thought I would open the same project but this time locating it in finder and opening it from there. Still get the same error message when saving it.
Then I tried doing Save As... but it says The document ''name of project'' could not be saved as ''new name of project''. The file doesn't exist.

I have tried opening another file that isn't in the recent list on Logic. It opens fine and seems normal till I save it and I still get both saving issues.

If it can't find the file, how does it open it?

Any one else had this problem and knows how to fix it?

Thanks!
from this i found that others do not like Migration and that maybe re-installing Logic will fix your issue .. i know this: i did a migration and tried to use Pro TOols .. i had to re-install pro tools be froe it would work ..

and i see that you posted at LogicProHelp and might have already seen this ..

Migrating Logic x to a new Mac - Logic Pro Help

you could import your NOT Saving session to a New Session ..

there is also a way to save an alternative to new project .. Under File/Project Alternatives ... i have not tried this, just found it !!

i am not a fan of migration .. something happened in that process that is unlinking Session and Media it seems ..

does this happen on Save As as well as just SAVE ??

cheers john
Attached Thumbnails
Problem with saving after migration-screen-shot-2019-03-24-12.44.37-pm.jpg   Problem with saving after migration-screen-shot-2019-03-24-12.44.21-pm.jpg  
Old 14th April 2019
Gear Nut

Thanks jwh

Think I sorted it.

Downgraded to Sierra from High Sierra
Did migration
Opened a Logic file that wasn't in the recent list
Saved it - no problems encountered
Cleared recent list
Closed Logic
Opened Logic by selecting the only project in the recent list
Saved again - And again no problems encountered
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

I also just migrated and experienced the same problem.

It's an issue with permissions - either the enclosing folder, or the whole drive, or just the Logic files themselves.

Select one of your Logic files and Get Info on it. You may find that your name does not appear in the permissions section. You could unlock each file and change permissions - I just ignored ownership on the whole volume.

Try it...?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search