The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Multi Output Drum VI via Komplete Kontrol Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Problem with Multi Output Drum VIs via Komplete Kontrol

I've tried with several instruments including NI's Drummer series, Soniccouture's Electro-Acoustic & Konkrete, NI's Battery 4 & even Drum Lab, but with no success.

Please help me understand what I'm missing. I've:

-From the File Menu in Komplete Kontrol, I've changed to the "Kontakt" view to get access to the audio output options.

-I've added a combo of mono & stereo outputs for the kit pieces, overheads and room mics.

-I've clicked the + on the Instrument Track however many times to add the necessary aux tracks.

-But when clicking on the output options of a kit piece or mic, only the default master and stereo 1 outputs are available.

What am I not doing?

Last edited by BezowinZ; 20th March 2019 at 07:17 PM..
Old 24th March 2019
Lives for gear

With Battery, create a 16 stereo out instance. Click the + to add as many channels that you need. On the Cells, right click->Output->Direct Out-> Assign to the appropriate channel.
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.dot View Post
With Battery, create a 16 stereo out instance. Click the + to add as many channels that you need. On the Cells, right click->Output->Direct Out-> Assign to the appropriate channel.
I guess I wasn't clear in the original post. When doing what you instruct, the outputs weren't there. The problem was that I wasn't rebooting Kontakt/Komplete Kontrol. After doing so, all created outputs are available when assigning from the plugin.

I'll try with Battery next, but I've been able to set outputs in Komplete Kontrol & Drum Lab. But when I add the Aux tracks by clicking the + in Logic, it creates all stereo tracks. I guess I could manually make the necessary tracks mono and re-order them, but should Logic recognize & create mono & stereo tracks according to the plugin and/or Komplete Kontrol output settings?

I've been using Addictive Drums 2. This process is much more straight forward with it. When I click the + to add Aux tracks, the correct amount of mono & stereo tracks are created.

I'll be creating some templates, some of them featuring different Native Instrument / NKS drum plugins housed in Komplete Kontrol. So I want to make sure I'm not missing any steps, especially ones that will make this process simpler & efficient.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search