The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Missing Audio Files
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Missing Audio Files

Hi People.
I use Logic Pro x and one of my earlier recordings has 4 audio files missing. Because it was in the early days; you know, the days where everything goes wrong just because you are learning the software etc etc. Like an idiot I didn't make this particular project in a folder and as a result I don't know where the Audio files are stored. I have searchlight searched, googled, watched guru vids but I cant find anything that is going to help me to locate the missing files. As they are important I have to find them as the client wants a remix.......... Whoops. So, my question is this:-
Is there a default folder where Logic stores audio files so that idiots like me can find them? Incidentally, I made a safety copy and those files are missing in that one too. Obviously the audio files have either been accidentally deleted or re-located.
Any ideas?
Cheers. Jon
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthebass777 View Post
Hi People.
I use Logic Pro x and one of my earlier recordings has 4 audio files missing. Because it was in the early days; you know, the days where everything goes wrong just because you are learning the software etc etc. Like an idiot I didn't make this particular project in a folder and as a result I don't know where the Audio files are stored. I have searchlight searched, googled, watched guru vids but I cant find anything that is going to help me to locate the missing files. As they are important I have to find them as the client wants a remix.......... Whoops. So, my question is this:-
Is there a default folder where Logic stores audio files so that idiots like me can find them? Incidentally, I made a safety copy and those files are missing in that one too. Obviously the audio files have either been accidentally deleted or re-located.
Any ideas?
Cheers. Jon
Did you right or control click on the actual Logic Pro X project file and then select “ Show Package Contents”>Media folder>Audio Files folder. That’s where Logic stores the audio files by default.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hi FastLanePhil.
Thanks for that. Had a look but nope. Piano track not there. It's quite bizarre really. I have decided to get the piano track re-recorded as I have wasted too much time with this. Cheers again.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search