The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
NAMM 2019 Bringing Logic Pro X 10.5
Old 3rd June 2019
  #241
Lives for gear
 
Melgueil's Avatar
 

Yep, they've (finally) been listening to pros. The new Mac Pro is an absolute beast. Yikes!

Cdlt
Old 3rd June 2019
  #242
Lives for gear
 
kim olesen's Avatar
 

New logic specs are already up on the US Apple site.

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/specs/
Old 3rd June 2019
  #243
Lives for gear
 

Well these specs don't show any kind of new Logic update.
Old 3rd June 2019
  #244
Here for the gear
 

Actually they do, this is still on the German site:


Bis zu 255 Audio Channel-Strips
Bis zu 255 Software-Instrument Channel-Strips
Bis zu 255 Auxiliary Channel-Strips

compared to the US one:


Up to 1000 stereo audio channel strips
Up to 1000 software instrument channel strips
Up to 1000 auxiliary channel strips

and some other changes such as increased content and a higher macOS version required
Old 3rd June 2019
  #245
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefebubi View Post
Actually they do, this is still on the German site:


Bis zu 255 Audio Channel-Strips
Bis zu 255 Software-Instrument Channel-Strips
Bis zu 255 Auxiliary Channel-Strips

compared to the US one:


Up to 1000 stereo audio channel strips
Up to 1000 software instrument channel strips
Up to 1000 auxiliary channel strips

and some other changes such as increased content and a higher macOS version required
Ah I see thanks, so thats a bit strange, they can't put the specs up if it isn't released or going to be very soon, also nothing else seems to have changed in the specs, no new plugins or gui updates, is this just a mistake by Apple or what?
Old 4th June 2019
  #246
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
Ah I see thanks, so thats a bit strange, they can't put the specs up if it isn't released or going to be very soon, also nothing else seems to have changed in the specs, no new plugins or gui updates, is this just a mistake by Apple or what?
The specs page is not a changelog. New stuff is never displayed on this page, juts the broad strokes.
Old 4th June 2019
  #247
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavB View Post
The specs page is not a changelog. New stuff is never displayed on this page, juts the broad strokes.
Sure, you must admit though it is a little unusual, still we will see, they are either going to have to release a new version very soon or take the new specs back off again, because otherwise it's false advertising, who knows with Apple these days.
Old 4th June 2019
  #248
Gear Nut
It’s actually more than that...
https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/specs/

Up to 1000 stereo audio channel strips
Up to 1000 software instrument channel strips
Up to 1000 auxiliary channel strips
Up to 256 busses
Up to 1000 external MIDI tracks
Old 4th June 2019
  #249
Gear Nut
 

The presenter stated that this is just a performance update, which probably coincides with the new Mac Pro's processing capabilities. He didn't mention any real "new" features..
Old 4th June 2019
  #250
Gear Maniac
 

I really really hope they are going to include full console 1 integration in the next version.
Old 4th June 2019
  #251
Quote:
Originally Posted by grassrootking View Post
The presenter stated that this is just a performance update, which probably coincides with the new Mac Pro's processing capabilities. He didn't mention any real "new" features..
To be fair though I don't think the focus was so much Logic Pro but rather the level of performance that's possible on the new Mac Pro.

Even if Logic had say, an entirely new mixer, I don't think they'd be talking about it because that's not the focus.
Old 4th June 2019
  #252
Gear Maniac
 

I agree.
Logic 11 is definitely round the corner now.
Old 4th June 2019
  #253
Here for the gear
 

Even tho if it's just performance related I wonder why they already list an increased amount of content, hope it's dropping this week
Old 4th June 2019
  #254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefebubi View Post
Even tho if it's just performance related I wonder why they already list an increased amount of content, hope it's dropping this week
Well thats because they want to remind you that you're going to give them another couple of grand when you get your new flashy cheese grater Mac Pro because it comes with a pitifully small SSD by default..
Old 4th June 2019
  #255
It just occurred to me. This thread title says NAMM 2019 bringing Logic 10.5. Doesn't say which NAMM. Summer NAMM 2019 release confirmed?
Old 4th June 2019
  #256
Lives for gear
 
rectifier's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTheSuperior View Post
It just occurred to me. This thread title says NAMM 2019 bringing Logic 10.5. Doesn't say which NAMM. Summer NAMM 2019 release confirmed?
Did you read the thread?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #257
Gear Head
 
ccmdav's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTheSuperior View Post
It just occurred to me. This thread title says NAMM 2019 bringing Logic 10.5. Doesn't say which NAMM. Summer NAMM 2019 release confirmed?
This thread started just before Winter NAMM in January, and is purely speculative. To my knowledge, nobody on this thread has any inside information about Apple's next major release of Logic Pro X, including the OP - which is implied in your comment.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump