The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Midi fx freeze MIDI Processors
Old 3rd October 2018
Here for the gear

Midi fx freeze

Hi Guys,

There is Midi FX Freeze plugin from audiocr, = http://www.audiocr.com/midi-fx-freeze/

However link is down and I am sure that someone might keep dmg file of this one.

So please if you could help me out by post wetransfer or any other mirror link so I can download it?

Pleassseeee!
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Addict

I've put it on my Dropbox.

Dropbox - MidiFXFreeze.dmg
Old 3rd October 2018
Here for the gear

You the man onerob! Thank you for saving me ;*
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesakysiu View Post
Hi Guys,

There is Midi FX Freeze plugin from audiocr, = http://www.audiocr.com/midi-fx-freeze/

However link is down and I am sure that someone might keep dmg file of this one.

So please if you could help me out by post wetransfer or any other mirror link so I can download it?

Pleassseeee!
You do realize that you can just use the External Instrument with any MIDI-FX to not just play, but record the MIDI that gets generated from a MIDI-FX plug-in.

At 1:03 is when I finally show how to MIDI record a MIDI-FX plug-in that generates MIDI data using an External Track.
Old 18th November 2018
Here for the gear

Well, This plug-in won’t show up in my Logic Pro. I have installed this under midi plugins, followed the steps - also rescanned it in Plu-in Manager in my Logic Pro. It showed as successfully validated but still not in my plug-ins. I have given up and if anybody has some good tip, please hand it over
Old 18th November 2018
Here for the gear

Rob thanks as well, but it’s not showing inside the Logic.
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirka136 View Post
Well, This plug-in won’t show up in my Logic Pro. I have installed this under midi plugins, followed the steps - also rescanned it in Plu-in Manager in my Logic Pro. It showed as successfully validated but still not in my plug-ins. I have given up and if anybody has some good tip, please hand it over
You don't need that plug-in, just use the External Instrument.
I posted a video to show how to MIDI record from a MIDI-FX plug-in.

Old 18th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirka136 View Post
Rob thanks as well, but it’s not showing inside the Logic.
Are you definitely looking for the plugin in the midi fx slot of an instrument track? Or tried restarting?
Old 18th November 2018
Lives for gear

Thanks for the tip, @ ValliSoftware .
There should however be an option to just render MIDI FX into a MIDI region quickly straight from whatever menu.
Old 27th January 2019
Gear Head

Can anyone re-upload the plugin?
Old 27th January 2019
Gear Addict

See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toka View Post
Can anyone re-upload the plugin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by onerob View Post
I've put it on my Dropbox.

Dropbox - MidiFXFreeze.dmg
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Head

Does anyone know of an alternative to the MIDI FX Freeze plugin? I keep getting errors when using it (the note length is changed drastically, even with no other MIDI effect plugins loaded). I've tried the IAC Driver/external instrument method, but I often get similar errors with that too.
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaskyhn View Post
(the note length is changed drastically, even with no other MIDI effect plugins loaded).
Post your MIDI Region source. I'd like to take a look at it.

Quote:
I've tried the IAC Driver/external instrument method, but I often get similar errors with that too.
I use IAC all the time and the only time I had issues with it was in Leopard days, a long time ago
I would use a MIDI hardware interface if you really think IAC is an issue, but if IAC is an issue, you might have a issue with your system.
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValliSoftware View Post
Post your MIDI Region source. I'd like to take a look at it.
Here's an example (MIDI region).

The strange thing is that it doesn't always happen. Even with the same settings and the same project. What often happens is that it works the first time after I've opened Logic. Or, for instance, if I try to capture multiple tracks at the same time, one track is free of errors while the rest has errors in them.

In this project, I managed to capture both tracks once without any errors, but at the next attempt one track came out twice as long as the other and with a number of very long notes (the regions starting at bar 25). The only plugins I've used are MIDI FX Freeze and EXS24 with no instrument/samples loaded.

Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
The only plugins I've used are MIDI FX Freeze and EXS24 with no instrument/samples loaded.
The whole purpose of the MIDI FX Freeze is to capture MIDI that was created in the MIDI FX plug-ins, otherwise there would be no need to use MIDi FX Freeze.
So which MIDI FX plug-in where you inserting before MIDI FX Freeze?

Just judging my the image you posted, it looks link the NOTE OFF messages are not being captured properly. So that's a bug in MIDI FX Freeze.
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
The whole purpose of the MIDI FX Freeze is to capture MIDI that was created in the MIDI FX plug-ins, otherwise there would be no need to use MIDi FX Freeze.
So which MIDI FX plug-in where you inserting before MIDI FX Freeze?

Just judging my the image you posted, it looks link the NOTE OFF messages are not being captured properly. So that's a bug in MIDI FX Freeze.
I used this setup to rule out the possibility that the problem was caused by another MIDI effect plugin.

I've had the same issue when capturing MIDI data using the IAC Bus method, though not as often as with MIDI FX Freeze. The difference may be that I've used MIDI FX Freeze to capture multiple tracks simultaneously, which tends to result in more errors. Whereas with the IAC method, I'm not sure how to capture more than one track at a time, or if it's possible at all.

You're probably right that the problem is with the NOTE OFF messages. It's still strange, though, that the errors don't occur every time.
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Whereas with the IAC method, I'm not sure how to capture more than one track at a time, or if it's possible at all.
You can create as many IAC ports as you want...
Midi fx freeze-iac-ports.png
... then you can choose up to 16 midi channel numbers.
Midi fx freeze-midi-numbers.png

When you midi record everything gets recorded to the track that is selected, but then you can separate by MIDI channel number to get your different track data. So yes you can record up to 16 tracks to get the MIDI FX Plug-in generated midi data.

I do this all the time.

Also notice in my picture that I have my iConnectMIDI2+, I can choose this instead of IAC in case I have problems with IAC, but like I said, I haven't had issues with IAC since Leopard.

Quote:
It's still strange, though, that the errors don't occur every time.
That's what we call a bug.
Attached Thumbnails
Midi fx freeze-iac-ports.png   Midi fx freeze-midi-numbers.png  
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:

... then you can choose up to 16 midi channel numbers.

When you midi record everything gets recorded to the track that is selected, but then you can separate by MIDI channel number to get your different track data. So yes you can record up to 16 tracks to get the MIDI FX Plug-in generated midi data.
Thanks! I'll give that a try.
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
One thing. When you create multiple IAC ports, do you need to change the connections (MIDI In/MIDI Out)? These fields are both greyed out here.

Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
One thing. When you create multiple IAC ports, do you need to change the connections (MIDI In/MIDI Out)?
I'm going to be a humorist here and say...

Quote:
These fields are both greyed out here.
You answered your own question here.
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
I'm going to be a humorist here and say...

You answered your own question here.
The reason I'm asking is that I can't get it to work correctly. In the test setup I've made I've created two tracks with each their MIDI region and an instance of the External Instrument, and two tracks with each their instance of EXS24. But no matter what settings I use, both of the EXS tracks receive MIDI from both the other tracks.
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
The reason I'm asking is that I can't get it to work correctly. In the test setup I've made I've created two tracks with each their MIDI region and an instance of the External Instrument, and two tracks with each their instance of EXS24. But no matter what settings I use, both of the EXS tracks receive MIDI from both the other tracks.
Sorry, you post isn't detail enough because I don't really know the actual setup you used.
Can you zip up and post that Logic project here.
I'll get you working but I just need to see how you approach this.
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Sorry, you post isn't detail enough because I don't really know the actual setup you used.
Can you zip up and post that Logic project here.
I'll get you working but I just need to see how you approach this.
Thanks for your help.

Here's the project: Dropbox - Test-project.zip
Old 9th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for your help.

Here's the project: Dropbox - Test-project.zip
With your setup, this is how I would do it.

And this isn't the only way either, but I'm showing based on your setup.
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:

And this isn't the only way either, but I'm showing based on your setup.
Thanks so much! I'll try that.
Old 9th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Thanks again! It works perfectly.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search