Old 1st October 2018
Deleted User
Works good here so far
Old 2nd October 2018
Here for the gear

Problems

Hello,
a lot of problems here....
In the song I am working on (logic 10.4.2 - High Sierra) Melodyne Ara doesn't appear in the melodyne box, just the old version but once I could load it and it is still on the track but it's no longer available for others tracks, and the modifications I did in this only working track didn't stay when I opened the song again;
I restarted the mac and so on...If someone has an idea ;-)
It seems that in a new song the ARA is available but I didn't work longer on a new song
Attached Thumbnails
Melodyne 4 with ARA 2 Logic support-capture-decran-2018-10-02-12.35.01.jpg   Melodyne 4 with ARA 2 Logic support-capture-decran-2018-10-02-12.34.40.jpg   Melodyne 4 with ARA 2 Logic support-capture-decran-2018-10-02-12.34.28.jpg  
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear

So what happens when you open a session that used a pre ARA version of Melodyne?
Are the older version and 4.2 both available?

Any feedback on how Melodyne is sounding when processing, has the sound improved at all? There's an older thread where the sound of version 4.x is discussed, and I kinda agree, seems like the older versions sounded more natural overall.
Old 3rd October 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
So what happens when you open a session that used a pre ARA version of Melodyne?
Are the older version and 4.2 both available?
Yes, both are available and the old one opens as previously on legacy sessions.
Old 3rd October 2018
Gear Head

This is cool BUT I'm a little disappointed that the process to adjust the project tempo and reflect that in the ARA Melodyne plugin is so long-winded and inflexible, I feel (just to give me complete flexibility) I'll need to keep using the plugin for a lot of work.

I thought the whole point of this ARA thing was to lock the two products together a bit closer, but for tempo adjustments, it's the complete opposite!

Ah well, maybe Melodyne 4.3 or Logic 10.5 will address this.
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaim View Post
Hello,
a lot of problems here....
In the song I am working on (logic 10.4.2 - High Sierra) Melodyne Ara doesn't appear in the melodyne box, just the old version but once I could load it and it is still on the track but it's no longer available for others tracks, and the modifications I did in this only working track didn't stay when I opened the song again;
I restarted the mac and so on...If someone has an idea ;-)
It seems that in a new song the ARA is available but I didn't work longer on a new song
same problem here
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Head

can someone help, it is very important to insert ARA2 in the chain of plug-ins always the first, then everything appears
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

Here is some helpful info on issues with Logic & Melodyne 4.2:

Here is some helpful info on issues with Logic & Melodyne 4.2:

Logic Pro | Is There A Problem With ARA In Logic Pro 10.4.2? Reports Of Issues And Possible Lost Work
Old 4th October 2018
Gear Maniac

...another "gotcha" goes like this...
1/ place m.ara2 on a track and modify/edit/etc
2/ freeze the track to save cpu/etc
3/ unfreeze the track, open m.ara2 and the edits appear to be gone
4/ do the "play-stop-dance" and all is good
...not a show stopper, but (really?).....hth..../s~
Old 4th October 2018
Lives for gear

After reading that above article I’m not so sure ARA and 4.2 are an actual upgrade. With 4.1, if I change the comp or think I have better take, I just recapture and retune that section.
Old 5th October 2018
Lives for gear

I loaded an old song into Logic Pro X that I'd recorded in the late '80s on a Fostex A8. I only have a stereo mix and the vocals are a tad quiet and, er, let's say loose with pitching.

I upped the vocal level a few dB in Izotope RX7 then ran Melodyne ARA and pitch corrected the bits of vocal that extracted.

Result? I now have an in tune, vocal ready track for remastering.

Amazing, really. I think I must have pressed play first ...

Stephen
Old 22nd October 2018
Gear Addict

I'm having trouble seeing Melodyne ARA in my plugin menu. I see it in the plugin manager, but it doesn't show in my plugin selection menu. Any ideas?
Old 16th November 2018
Here for the gear

Please help

I bought Melodyne 4.2 essentials using Logic Pro 10.4. When I open up a track, the blobs are in black and white and will not allow me to edit them. I can't find anything on their website or anywhere else about this. I emailed them, and they said to restart and make sure I had it registered. That didn't fix it. Any ideas please? I have a deadline fast approaching and Flex Pitch just sucks. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Melodyne 4 with ARA 2 Logic support-screen-shot-2018-11-15-8.05.13-pm.png  
Old 16th November 2018
Gear Head

To be honest, that _looks_ like what happens when Melodyne can't find the analysis files.. But you're using ARA version, so there should be a folder in your project folder called ARA. If the files aren't there Logic won't find them.

Have you moved the project to another machine since last editing/recording?

Or is it possible (however unlikely it sounds) your have been moved from the project folder?
Old 28th November 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltjohnrambo View Post
I'm having trouble seeing Melodyne ARA in my plugin menu. I see it in the plugin manager, but it doesn't show in my plugin selection menu. Any ideas?
Found the fix for this in a YouTube vid comment section of all places. The ARA version of Melodyne is not available in Logic unless you are adding it in the first plugin slot on a track. If there are any preceding plugins, you will only see the non-ARA version of Melodyne in your plugin menu.
Old 5th March 2019
Gear Addict

I'm running into a new issue, regions/audio past 100 bars or so aren't being transferred properly. I see the orange blobs but no pitch info is extracted (they're all on a single line). Anyone else seeing this?
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm running into a new issue, regions/audio past 100 bars or so aren't being transferred properly. I see the orange blobs but no pitch info is extracted (they're all on a single line). Anyone else seeing this?
What happens if you change the algorithm to melodic? It may be set to rhythmic!
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Addict

I think it's set to melodic, I have multiple regions on the same track that are working. It's only the last few after the 100 bar mark that aren't showing pitch info.
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Addict

Screenshot

Melodyne 4 with ARA 2 Logic support-screen-shot-2019-03-05-6.30.36-pm.jpg

I also noticed I lost all the edits I made yesterday . They really need to sort out the ARA support.
Attached Thumbnails
Melodyne 4 with ARA 2 Logic support-screen-shot-2019-03-05-6.30.36-pm.jpg  
Old 6th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Screenshot

I also noticed I lost all the edits I made yesterday . They really need to sort out the ARA support.
This has happened to me several times! Keep getting lured into a false sense of security as it works for a while no probs then BAM! I lose all the edits I've made. Anyhow I sent a project this happened on to apple so hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it...

Is it just me or after a free years of plain sailing, they really hacked a hole in the hull with 10.4.X iterations? Lots of new and weird issues along with the new features.... We know they can do better than this
Old 11th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
John Rambo, I hear you! I had this issue the first time I tried opening a vocal track with Melodyne inside Logic with ARA2, except it was the entire vocal track that appeared as a single, useless line. (maybe 40 bars) Tried opening again several times, same thing.

I came back to it a week or so later, having updated Melodyne Assistant and Logic to latest versions (Feb. 15 '19 or so) and it worked no problem. I did a ton of work on several vocal tracks inside Logic, no issues opening the track with Melodyne or saving, or anything. It was the integration I've always dreamed of. I wish I could tell you what did it, but I don't really know. So I'm happy... But nervous! Fingers crossed that it works for this week's project!

Melodyne is essential to what I'm doing. I converted to Logic when they introduced Flex Pitch. That was fine for a time. Then it became Flex Glitch.
Old 11th March 2019
Gear Head

When I get the occasional incorrect automatic algorithm detection, I can manually select another from the Algorithm menu, and then select the one I want it to be, usually sort it out.

You could try that to 'nudge' Melodyne along
Old 11th March 2019
Gear Addict

I’ve given up on the ARA version for now. The “classic” transfer method seems to be working fine for now.

I should mention that I’m using the latest version of Logic and Melodyne.
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

I just want to report that the latest ARA is working great for me. I haven’t had a glitch in a couple months. I’ve used it in maybe 10 songs with lots of vocal tracks.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Head

Worked for me last week, then this week lost a big chunk of work. I tried the “revert to previous saved version” method and it didn’t work for me.

So now I’m doing a Bounce in Place on a track once I’ve done with Melodyne. As was said previously, I don’t usually go back once I’ve tweaked anyways. Still I hate losing the option to re-tweak.

Stay tuned. I really want this to work. I love Melodyne.
Old 17th March 2019
Gear Head

yeah, FWIW I'm back on the previous non-ARA version of Melodyne Studio. I keep getting error messages and lost data (and repeated "Logic has crashed using the MelodyneCocoaApp" or something) so for now, it's a no from me.

System is
Mac Pro Late 2013 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 w/64GB RAM
High Sierra 10.13.6
Logic Pro X 10.4.4

Good luck!

PS I LOVE Melodyne, but until it's 150% reliable I just cant keep re-editing stuff, it's killing my vibe haha.

Cheers
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search