The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tips on moving tracks to fit on beat?
Old 3 days ago
  #1
Here for the gear
 

Thread Starter
Tips on moving tracks to fit on beat?

Hey guys I’m looking for an easy way to move my hook over so that it’s on beat. For instance I record the hook after the first verse, and then I duplicate it and put it on after the second and third verse. However, a lot of times I have trouble getting it to fit on beat when dragging it over. Is here any tips you guys have to make this a lot easier?
Old 3 days ago
  #2
Gear Maniac
 
elgee's Avatar
 

So at the top you should see Snap: Smart. you can click smart and select the division and that will make it easier to drop it on beat. You might be having trouble because you are not zoomed in enough, so if you know its not exactly on beat zoom in and you should be able to drop it in place easily.

If you dont see Snap: or Drag: it's the little gear icon.

Depending on how your constructing your song you can also try using shuffle which can be found at the top bar Drag: .
Old 3 days ago
  #3
Here for the gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgee View Post
So at the top you should see Snap: Smart. you can click smart and select the division and that will make it easier to drop it on beat. You might be having trouble because you are not zoomed in enough, so if you know its not exactly on beat zoom in and you should be able to drop it in place easily.

If you dont see Snap: or Drag: it's the little gear icon.

Depending on how your constructing your song you can also try using shuffle which can be found at the top bar Drag: .

Ok great great that makes a lot of sense now!

A bit off topic btw but maybe you or someone else can answer this question so I don’t have to make a new thread....

I have the chorus on beat, and now I’m trying to have the hook repeat itself. However when I copy and paste the regions it overlaps the previous and cuts out the audio. For instance the hook comes in again right before it ends. I want to keep the vocals on the same track without having to make new ones to avoide this issue. Any advice?
Old 3 days ago
  #4
Gear Maniac
 
elgee's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFunkFunkEra View Post
For instance the hook comes in again right before it ends. I want to keep the vocals on the same track without having to make new ones to avoid this issue. Any advice?
Try a crossfade. cntrl+shift hover between the two regions and you might be able to get the end of that tail. TBH usually I just make a new track so I have separate control over volume/pan.
Old 3 days ago
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgee View Post
Try a crossfade. cntrl+shift hover between the two regions and you might be able to get the end of that tail. TBH usually I just make a new track so I have separate control over volume/pan.
Thank you!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump