The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic Pro10.4 Release Just hit the App Store
Old 22nd November 2018
  #601
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 

I'm getting a lot of 'x or more regions have changed length' when re-opening projects.

My projects are usually fairly large (although they have happened in smaller projects), running at 96KHz, and feature lots of multitrack recording.

I can't ACTUALLY see/hear a problem, but there will be lots of regions, so who knows if I'm missing something???

Also, after recording multitrack audio, i sometimes get a screen pop up which says 'normalizing'... which I am baffled by. I am not talking about bouncing, but after recording a take. The newly recorded audio is also NOT normalised, from what I can see.

Is anyone else getting either of these issues?

Logic 10.4.2. on 10.12.6, Mac Pro 12-core
Old 22nd November 2018
  #602
Lives for gear
 
guavadude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
I'm getting a lot of 'x or more regions have changed length' when re-opening projects.

My projects are usually fairly large (although they have happened in smaller projects), running at 96KHz, and feature lots of multitrack recording.

I can't ACTUALLY see/hear a problem, but there will be lots of regions, so who knows if I'm missing something???

Also, after recording multitrack audio, i sometimes get a screen pop up which says 'normalizing'... which I am baffled by. I am not talking about bouncing, but after recording a take. The newly recorded audio is also NOT normalised, from what I can see.

Is anyone else getting either of these issues?

Logic 10.4.2. on 10.12.6, Mac Pro 12-core
I think there are some real issues with 10.4.2 at least with OS 10.12.6. I highly recommend going back to 10.4.1. All my issues went away.
Old 22nd November 2018
  #603
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
I'm getting a lot of 'x or more regions have changed length' when re-opening projects.

My projects are usually fairly large (although they have happened in smaller projects), running at 96KHz, and feature lots of multitrack recording.

I can't ACTUALLY see/hear a problem, but there will be lots of regions, so who knows if I'm missing something???
I've had this happen a few times as well. I've never noticed any difference. Even on tracks where I have agonized over an arrangement and would therefore notice even the slightest change. I think I remember reading somewhere that it was something innocuous, but I can't remember much about it. It still makes me nervous every time though.

The one that still freaks me out is everytime I open a project and there are a bunch of missing audio files. There too I never notice a change, so whatever the program is throwing away is a bunch stuff I didn't actually need.
Old 22nd November 2018
  #604
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
The one that still freaks me out is everytime I open a project and there are a bunch of missing audio files. There too I never notice a change, so whatever the program is throwing away is a bunch stuff I didn't actually need.
Your tunes have been "curated". Tim Cook knows best what should or shouldn't be in your music!

Old 25th November 2018
  #605
Lives for gear
 

Same here.lot crashes on 10.14.1
Logicx 10.4.2
Old 27th April 2019
  #606
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcasoria View Post
Same here.lot crashes on 10.14.1
Logicx 10.4.2
Same here, it's really buggy... Studio One starts to look mighty great...
Old 27th April 2019
  #607
Lives for gear
 
guavadude's Avatar
10.4.4 has been rock solid for me
Old 27th April 2019
  #608
Gear Maniac
 
mu:zines's Avatar
 

10.4.2 specifically was very crashy for me, because it didn't load properly and corrupted my CS prefs, and that made it unstable.

There seemed to be some issue in loading the previous prefs, which I won't go into detail here, but there were definite reproducible problems.

If you are having problems, try trashing (at least temporarily, back them up if necessary) both your main preferences, and the control surfaces preference file, launching Logic, and seeing whether your crashy behaviour continues.

After I rebuilt my CS prefs, the crashing went away (and this is the first time in many years Logic had been unstable and crashy for me, otherwise it's been rock solid) and things have been fine for me since...
Old 29th April 2019
  #609
Gear Addict
 
Doc No's Avatar
Just use 10.4.4 and everything is fine.
Old 21st May 2019
  #610
Lives for gear
 
jsblack's Avatar
 

Hi,

Can't find the way in Logic Pro X to add a "fake"/duplicate midi track like we did by pulling the track down with "alt" key in Logic 9 ( in the arrange window )
The goal was to trigger the same Channel Strip ( Vi-Eq-comp..etc) using another midi track or several without eating more CPU..
I've been trying to use the stack function but it didn't worked..
could you help me out with this guys..?

Really appreciate your input on this one..

Thanks
Old 21st May 2019
  #611
Gear Head
 

Hi,
Shift+Control+Enter - New track with the same channel strip/instrument.
Old 21st May 2019
  #612
Lives for gear
 
d.dot's Avatar
 

I just updated to Mojave 10.14.5. I'm on a i9 MBP.

Release notes: Improves audio latency on MacBook Pro models introduced in 2018.

I was getting random crashes in Logic 10.4.4.

Nothing scientific, but no crashes since the update. Running solid and smooth.
Old 21st May 2019
  #613
Lives for gear
 
jsblack's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymkb View Post
Hi,
Shift+Control+Enter - New track with the same channel strip/instrument.
Hey Matt, Thanks a lot for answering,

'been hitting this combination and all possibly adjacent ones with no success..

Like it's a wrong keystroke and my screen brighten up..

would there possibly be a menu i could reach for instead, if i ever messed up with my custom shortcuts..?

Thank you.

PS:

Ok found it thanks to you!
Shift Key - hit "+" ( add instrument/track )
Old 22nd May 2019
  #614
Lives for gear
Note: Control-Shift-Enter is an entirely different thing than Control-Shift-Return
The default setting in Logic Pro X is 'Control-Shift-Return'

On a Mac extended keyboard the ENTER key is on the numeric keypad. RETURN is on the main keyboard.

On a not-extended keyboard you press the FN key along with the RETURN key producing ENTER
Old 23rd May 2019
  #615
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
Hi,

Can't find the way in Logic Pro X to add a "fake"/duplicate midi track like we did by pulling the track down with "alt" key in Logic 9 ( in the arrange window )
The goal was to trigger the same Channel Strip ( Vi-Eq-comp..etc) using another midi track or several without eating more CPU..
I've been trying to use the stack function but it didn't worked..
could you help me out with this guys..?

Really appreciate your input on this one..

Thanks
I use Cmd + D to duplicate any track, but I don’t know about the part you say without eating more CPU. It certainly eats more CPU as every track brings a new copy of the VI and/or plugins.
Old 23rd May 2019
  #616
Lives for gear
Duplicating a track with COMMAND+D makes a new track and a new channel strip with duplicate settings.

Duplicating a track with CONTROL-SHIFT-RETURN (New Track with same MIDI channel) creates a new track that shares the same channel strip - 2 tracks - one channel strip - one set of VI and plugins. The only extra CPU is minimal - the MIDI notes are played by the same VI.

'New Track with next MIDI channel' CONTROL-RETURN creates a new track with the same VIs but the next MIDI channel selected. Only useful if the VI can work with multiple MIDI channels, like creating separate tracks for the Vintage B3 'manuals', or driving multi-channel, multi-timbral things. I use SampleTank and simple GM MIDI on my piano.
Old 23rd May 2019
  #617
Lives for gear
 
jsblack's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpv View Post
I use Cmd + D to duplicate any track, but I don’t know about the part you say without eating more CPU. It certainly eats more CPU as every track brings a new copy of the VI and/or plugins.
Thanks FaceJ for the explanations and shortcuts..! very clear.

Michaelpv,

Another example, if you want to write multiple midi layers/tracks of your favorite Orchestral-String Vi, That 'fake' duplication worth the operation.. Very cool for scoring..
So for example Ten midi tracks triggering the same channel strip / VI.

So in my case: "shift" while hitting the "+" button when your on that VI track.
I'll try the shortcut FaceJ provided next time..

Thanks
Old 24th May 2019
  #618
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by facej View Post
Duplicating a track with COMMAND+D makes a new track and a new channel strip with duplicate settings.

Duplicating a track with CONTROL-SHIFT-RETURN (New Track with same MIDI channel) creates a new track that shares the same channel strip - 2 tracks - one channel strip - one set of VI and plugins. The only extra CPU is minimal - the MIDI notes are played by the same VI.

'New Track with next MIDI channel' CONTROL-RETURN creates a new track with the same VIs but the next MIDI channel selected. Only useful if the VI can work with multiple MIDI channels, like creating separate tracks for the Vintage B3 'manuals', or driving multi-channel, multi-timbral things. I use SampleTank and simple GM MIDI on my piano.
Thanks so much for clarifying that. I’ve learned something cool today
Old 24th May 2019
  #619
Lives for gear
I have spent many hours chasing down how to make my SampleTank only show up once on a channel strip. Learning how to make channels that connect to it was enlightening.

Mostly I gave up and built a template that has 16 tracks assigned to a single channel strip (with multiple outputs ;-) ) and I don't think about it any more.

My fans stay calm ;-) My skill at orchestration is laid bare.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump