The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Logic Pro10.4 Release Just hit the App Store Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 1 week ago
  #571
Tui
Gear Guru
 
Tui's Avatar
You can drag and drop images into the Note Pad.
Old 1 week ago
  #572
has anyone noticed now you have to hit the undo command twice for it to undo?
Old 1 week ago
  #573
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
has anyone noticed now you have to hit the undo command twice for it to undo?
I am not seeing that behaviour here.
Old 1 week ago
  #574
Gear Addict
 

Me neither.
Old 1 week ago
  #575
Lives for gear
 
guavadude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
has anyone noticed now you have to hit the undo command twice for it to undo?
This was happening me for and was also mentioned by several users on LogicProHelp.com. Btw, I'm getting a warning from Safari when trying to go that website, saying the host may be compromised. Anyone else getting this?

LPX 10.4.2 has seemed overall buggy to me. I had an issue where I couldn't save my file, and Illegal 2 error (?) also it kept crashing.
I went back to 10.4.1 and my issues have gone away. First time I've ever had to back track on a release of Logic.
Old 1 week ago
  #576
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
This was happening me for and was also mentioned by several users on LogicProHelp.com. Btw, I'm getting a warning from Safari when trying to go that website, saying the host may be compromised. Anyone else getting this?

LPX 10.4.2 has seemed overall buggy to me. I had an issue where I couldn't save my file, and Illegal 2 error (?) also it kept crashing.
I went back to 10.4.1 and my issues have gone away. First time I've ever had to back track on a release of Logic.
I didn't think I would be the only one. I find it and the ARA version of Melodyne buggy. like you I have rarely had issues, I might go back to 10.4.1
Old 1 week ago
  #577
Gear Maniac
 
mu:zines's Avatar
 

I rarely have issues with Logic updates - occasionally, you may get a minor update that breaks something you use a lot, so you revert until it gets fixed again, but 10.4.2 was the first update in quite a while that gave me a few real headaches. I had updated from El Cap to Sierra, and thus was also able to jump from LPX 10.3.3 to 10.4.2, so this was the first 10.4 version I used.

10.4.2 started giving me repeatable crashes in certain straightforward circumstances, and it wouldn't load the control surfaces preference file properly - some assignments of my controller config that load in 10.3.3 fine wouldn't load, and others behaved weirdly in the controller assignments window. My controller setup was thus significantly broken.

Trashing the preferences fixed the crashing, but I had to re-implement quite a bit of my custom controller setup to get it working again, which took a bit of effort (given how painful working with the controller assignments is.)

It seems fine now, but it was odd this version wouldn't load CS preferences properly, for me.
Old 1 week ago
  #578
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
Anybody noticing that screen sets transition more smoothly in the latest version?
It no longer briefly flashes the homescreen when changing screen sets for me. Nice subtle improvement!
Looks like I spoke too soon. This had nothing to do with the Logic update but was instead due to the fact that I wasn't using a second monitor at the time. I have a second monitor hooked up again and the problem has returned.
So not solved but at least I know what causes the issue.
Old 3 days ago
  #579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musiclab View Post
has anyone noticed now you have to hit the undo command twice for it to undo?
After a recording, yes. I think somebody on the LogicProHelp forums explained that this is because Logic is writing tempo data after recording audio now. I suspect there is some way to disable this, but I haven't bothered since I mostly abort bad takes rather than finish and undo them.

The issue I've been having lately is Logic refusing to scan for new plugins when it starts. I don't know if this is a 10.4.2 thing or an OS thing or what, but I haven't been able to load new plugins without restarting my computer for a while now. Giant pain in the ass.
Old 3 days ago
  #580
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
The issue I've been having lately is Logic refusing to scan for new plugins when it starts. I don't know if this is a 10.4.2 thing or an OS thing or what, but I haven't been able to load new plugins without restarting my computer for a while now. Giant pain in the ass.
It's an absolute pain but I've got a workaround and I'll start a new thread for it.

A workaround that enables Logic to see new plugins without restarting
Old 2 days ago
  #581
Here for the gear
 

Anyone getting crashes when changing the left corner position of a region in some projects???? Immense frustration. If I had any hair I'd tear it out!

And midid regions then vanish willy nilly from the project once you reopen it....

Last edited by ollytheoctopus; 2 days ago at 02:01 PM.. Reason: update
Old 2 days ago
  #582
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollytheoctopus View Post
Anyone getting crashes when changing the left corner position of a region in some projects???? Immense frustration. If I had any hair I'd tear it out!

And midid regions then vanish willy nilly from the project once you reopen it....
What version of OS are you using? I'm not having these issues but I'm definitely not on High Sierra (as I've heard it has had some issues with Logic)
Old 1 day ago
  #583
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollytheoctopus View Post
Anyone getting crashes when changing the left corner position of a region in some projects???? Immense frustration. If I had any hair I'd tear it out!
I had this today!

All just vanishes like magic...
Old 1 day ago
  #584
Gear Addict
 

Haven't experienced the left corner bug (yet) but hope you're reporting the bug to Apple. I'm using Mojave and things are good (so far).
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump