The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Eliminate Distortion-Logic Pro x
Old 12th January 2018
Here for the gear

Eliminate Distortion-Logic Pro x

Ive been messing around with making beats in logic pro x for a few months now just using virtual software instruments.
However in trying to mix these beats a problem that has come up is that some individual instruments tend to create distortion when played at a loud volume on speakers.
For example the gentle sine bell preset from the alchemy synth creates an ugly distortion sound similar to clipping when speaker volume is turned up.
It feels like certain hertz ranges are just getting overloaded but is there a way to fix the problem without just significantly lowering certain ranges with an equalizer?

Thanks
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Which speakers?

KA
Old 13th January 2018
Here for the gear

Most of the ones ive tried. Seems to be lot more noticable on larger stereo ones. Smaller ones its harder to notice depending on the level that its occuring.
Old 13th January 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmw01 View Post
Most of the ones ive tried. Seems to be lot more noticable on larger stereo ones. Smaller ones its harder to notice depending on the level that its occuring.
I'd apply a lowcut on the main out. Maybe the speakers you have when you mix don't go very low so you don't notice it but it's obvious when played on larger ones that will naturally go lower.

KA
Old 18th January 2018
Here for the gear

Sorry for the slow response. Applying a low cut to the main out doesn't help the problem significantly. The best I found is just simply cutting low and low mid frequencies to the individual track but this does kinda change the sound of the instrument, but maybe this is just inevitable. Is it possible the problem is somewhere in my project settings or the specific settings for the alchemy synth? I think read somewhere that the alchemy synth was sample based so maybe the sounds I'm trying to use were just never meant to be played at majority mid to low frequencies as when I play pretty high notes the problem seems to get inaudible.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search