The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LPX updated to version 10.3.2 - Post your experiences/issues/solutions here
Old 3rd September 2017
Here for the gear

Having multiple crashes on 10.3.2 when shortening the length of an audio file and adding fades to the clip. Have tried this during playback and stopped but Logic keeps crashing. Not sure if it is due to the fact the clip is time stretched, but IO buffer is at 1024, other software tracks are frozen and can loop till my hearts content with no problems otherwise, until I want to edit the clips length and fades.

Anyone else suffering with project crashes due to changing length and adding fades to a file?
Old 5th September 2017
Lives for gear

Did you try to rebuild all fades?
Old 5th September 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by valis View Post
Did you try to rebuild all fades?
I haven't run into this issue when it comes to either, but what do you mean by rebuilding fades? Redrawing them manually?
Old 6th September 2017
Lives for gear

In modern versions of Logic there are no fade files anymore and thus no key commands to automate this process...but I've found that when you toggle flex and/or create stacks & track groups I need to remove the original fades (turnoff flex, remove, enable, re-add). I don't have this issue consistently but when I do remaking them manually helps.
Old 8th September 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by valis View Post
In modern versions of Logic there are no fade files anymore and thus no key commands to automate this process...but I've found that when you toggle flex and/or create stacks & track groups I need to remove the original fades (turnoff flex, remove, enable, re-add). I don't have this issue consistently but when I do remaking them manually helps.
Haven't run across this other than in stacking tracks, I find removing automation from individual tracks is sometimes worth doing, and rerouting busing allows me to simplify the mixing and free up cpu. I probably could avoid a lot of this by stacking tracks earlier in the process. Might run across your issue then.
Old 11th September 2017
Here for the gear

Ok so have figured out on a new track that this happens if you have flexed a region (no fades) and then decide you do not need what is left outside of the transients.

So for example you have a region that is 6ish bars and you want to line up the transients manually to match 4 bars, then when you shorten the region, either when you click to drag, or when you release the mouse once the region fits, Logic crashes. This does not happen every time but will definitely happen regularly.

I am wondering if this is because you are covering up a flex marker that is directly on the beat?
Old 13th September 2017
Lives for gear

I actually use key commands to move by even intervals and cut at SPL (song position line), which explains why I don't see that crash.

Is it 100% reproducible or just in that project? If project specific you can try Importing to a new project, removing automation as was suggested, removing plugins etc. Sometimes the location of the corruption within a project file is not intuitive.

Did you try moving prefs to desktop and rebuilding If it's not the project? Etc...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Here's another idea for a future release:

As we can determine how much, if any, latency various EFX are adding, how about extending the algorithm to include VIs? For example, if I utilize Softube's Heartbeat inside a Drum Machine Designer Track Stack, how much latency does it add? This is a somewhat extreme example as Heartbeat is way more CPU hungry than Logic's Ultrabeat, typically used in the various patches.

How much latency does Dune 2 add vis a vis Hive? Alchemy vis a vis Spire? Serum vis a vis Iris 2? Kontakt in simple mode vs multitimbral? The list goes on, and the data will help users to maximize Single Core Processing, extremely beneficial when armed, but also important for multicore when balancing a Project's load. Virtual Synthesizers in LPX cannot be split among several cores to the best of my knowledge even with the likes of DIVA & Dune 2 having multicore mode, certainly when recording. I believe Kontakt users are supposed to turn multicore off when instantiated in a separate Audio/MIDI App.

We often think of the Output Channel, but the Software Instrument Channel is clearly as important, if not more so in some cases. Serum with many unison voices for each oscillator can be killer, for example, to the single core. Dune 2 with its differential unison can be equally as troublesome. Clock speed definitely matters, and Turbo Boost may be of little benefit.

Perhaps an enhanced algo would be required, one that takes the loaded patch into account. Latency directly correlates to CPU usage. This phenomenon applies to all Audio/MIDI apps, not just Logic, and even VEP as respects the Single Core Issue.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Here is one more having to do with Drummer.

If you change kits, including Producer Kits, on the fly, the notes in the Piano Roll that label what each kit piece is remain the same as the first kit that was loaded. If you start with Kit 1, all of its Kit Pieces appear in the Piano Roll. If you change to Kit 2 with an entirely new set of Kit Pieces, the Piano Roll Drum labels do not change and still list those for the former Kit 1.

Furthermore, given the new Drummer interface with supposed interoperability among DKD, DMD, and the new Percussionists, how the Piano Roll's labels are affected needs to be fleshed out. Currently, it is incoherent.

EDIT: To remedy this issue, hit the Collapse Icon (to the right of the View Menu) to collapse to those being used, then hit it again and the Kit Pieces are renamed properly in the Piano Roll if you've been auditioning. This should be automatic, but this is at least a quite simple work around.

Also, for the new Percussionist Producer Kits, given the way it is mapped out, the Piano Roll is not able to differentiate each kit piece. I believe each is in its own EXS24 Instrument, not one big Multi-Out Kit like DKD.

Last edited by MusiKLover; 1 week ago at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Found Temporary Solution
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

One little thing i'd like to be implemented ( via menu ) is the ability to remove all plugins of a track without killing the VI..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
Swipe down on them.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

To bypass ok but to remove them.. I have average 7 Plugins per track.. I'd like to swipe them out in one menu click key stroke.. would be neat..
Thank you.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
To bypass ok but to remove them.. I have average 7 Plugins per track.. I'd like to swipe them out in one menu click key stroke.. would be neat..
Thank you.
There is a key-command available for "Reset Channel Strip", just search your KC menu and assign whatever key you like.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Thank you.
There is a key command for that.

I assigned CTRL + ALT + CMD + Space for that.
Lasso select several channel strip or track in the arrange window, hit the key command and all plugins and routings gone.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Thanks guys,
i have now a nice shortcut to FULL reset my channels, but the initial feature request was the ability to remove all plugins of a channel without killing the Virtual Instrument.. I'm not that lazy, it's just sometimes, i'd like to run a quick new mix from scratch while keeping the instruments..
Thank you anyway
Old 1 week ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
I'm not that lazy, it's just sometimes, i'd like to run a quick new mix from scratch while keeping the instruments..
Surely, you know about the "Project Alternatives" feature..?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

^ Nope
erf.. yes in fact just checked.. but that's not what i'd like to speed up my workflow..
Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufuss Sewell View Post
For me, turning off recent plug ins was the best part of this update. I really hated that. It was a huge distraction after I spent so much time organizing my plug in folders.

The interface seems so much faster now! Really great.

And I'm sure I'll use the pitch transpose occasionally. Nice update!
How did you turn off recent? I looked in all the expected places but no sign of that pref.

Last edited by robot:.; 6 days ago at 02:38 AM..
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot:. View Post
How did you turn off recent? I looked in all the expected places but no sign of that pref.
Hello
Got to: Preferences/Display/Mixer Tab
Attached Thumbnails
LPX updated to version 10.3.2 - Post your experiences/issues/solutions here-recent-plugins.png  
Old 2 days ago
Tui
Gear Guru

I actually love that feature. I've now settled on a small number of go-to EQs and compressors.
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

We need the 32bit float export option. Every other DAW has it now and it really sucks having to dither my audio before sending it off to get mastered only to be dithered again. It's actually a problem now. Why is logic unable to offer this essential function?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Eriksson View Post
Hello
Got to: Preferences/Display/Mixer Tab
Thanking!!! Hiding in plain sight
Old 2 days ago
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaflon View Post
We need the 32bit float export option. Every other DAW has it now and it really sucks having to dither my audio before sending it off to get mastered only to be dithered again. It's actually a problem now. Why is logic unable to offer this essential function?
Freeze tracks are 32-bit, you can use them for a workaround. Also, you don't need to dither when bouncing.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaflon View Post
No need to dither a 24bit pre-master audio file.
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
^ Nope
erf.. yes in fact just checked.. but that's not what i'd like to speed up my workflow..
Thanks
Nope, I'd like to have separate alternatives. One for the arrangement and one for the mix.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search