The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
LPX 10.3 the day before NAMM? DAW Software
Old 20th December 2016
  #1
Gear Maniac
 

LPX 10.3 the day before NAMM?

The last couple of years we have got significant LPX updates the day before winter NAMM.

We know there will be touch bar support but I am hoping for some chord/harmony features like Cubase.
Old 21st December 2016
  #2
Lives for gear
 
OurDarkness's Avatar
 

I just want snappier resizing, zooming in/out and fixing other visual glitches.
Old 21st December 2016
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Maybe also a UI change similar to the new design of FCPX.
Although there are other more important features and fixes they should work on!
Old 21st December 2016
  #4
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambosun View Post
Maybe also a UI change similar to the new design of FCPX.
This one is definitely coming, no doubt.
Old 22nd December 2016
  #5
Registered User
 

perhaps v11 ? - many nice new features ? - here's hoping
Old 22nd December 2016
  #6
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungovox View Post
perhaps v11 ? - many nice new features ? - here's hoping
I won't rule that one out as a possibility.. I mean Logic X came out July 2013 so it's actually been 4 years now. The bad news is that v11 will make it a major update meaning, a paid update. I've already spent a lot of money in recent months!! It just didn't sound to me like the new update would be an actual major update, but who knows right?!
Old 22nd December 2016
  #7
Lives for gear
 
MusiKLover's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by anp27 View Post
I won't rule that one out as a possibility.. I mean Logic X came out July 2013 so it's actually been 4 years now. The bad news is that v11 will make it a major update meaning, a paid update. I've already spent a lot of money in recent months!! It just didn't sound to me like the new update would be an actual major update, but who knows right?!
That's one of the things, anp27, we Logic users (and Ableton for that matter) take for granted. Look at the PT and Cubase annual dues of sorts. It's a ton of money if monetized over time!
Old 22nd December 2016
  #8
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
That's one of the things, anp27, we Logic users (and Ableton for that matter) take for granted. Look at the PT and Cubase annual dues of sorts. It's a ton of money if monetized over time!
I do not take it for granted!!
Old 24th December 2016
  #9
Here for the gear
 

I would be okay paying for v11 if it were a significant update... x has received a lot of free updates that added some nice features. It's better then paying 300+ a year for pro tools. I tried out pro tools first and don't get what is sogreat about it. Logic seems nicer to use as far as I'm concerned... probably just because what I'm used to. There are a few options that I like better on the full version of ProTools but generally speaking I like logic a lot better... I think groups is one area where logic has a lot of room to grow... unfortunately I only got to try ProTools first. I wasn't willing to spend $50 to buy an ilok just to run a demo that's of their last version... pfff
Old 24th December 2016
  #10
Lives for gear
 
MusiKLover's Avatar
I do often wonder why people don't seem to play with audio as much as PT, but that could go back to logic's genesis one could suppose. I use Ableton more and more for this aspect, but must admit Logic is pretty darned good now in this area. People just don't know, and I mean the masses.

That said I wouldn't mind a better audio editor, one that's less clunky. Ableton is a breeze.
Old 24th December 2016
  #11
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
I do often wonder why people don't seem to play with audio as much as PT, but that could go back to logic's genesis one could suppose. I use Ableton more and more for this aspect, but must admit Logic is pretty darned good now in this area. People just don't know, and I mean the masses.

That said I wouldn't mind a better audio editor, one that's less clunky. Ableton is a breeze.
The destructive audio editor in logic sucks for sure. It would be nice if they at least supported plug-ins... I actually prefer izotope RX as an audio editor so it's not a big deal for me. It's easy enough to make a shortcut that open as an audio file in an external editor and then you just save it... RX also has some other options that seem to work well with logic... I wish Apple would buy izotope... just imagine if RX was Logix built-in wave editor
Old 1st January 2017
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Leevi's Avatar
 

As others have mentioned earlier, I would expect to see similar flat GUI as in the latest FCPX update.
Old 1st January 2017
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
As others have mentioned earlier, I would expect to see similar flat GUI as in the latest FCPX update.
Most likely, and probably the Live Loops thing in the new GarageBand for iOS. Hopefully they'll put some GUi parameters you can change so we don't have to resort to skins by other users. I also expect a new Bassist plugin and maybe some poly Flex Pitch. Their iOS app Music Notes(don't know what's the name in English) was probably a testing ground for these technologies.

KA
Old 2nd January 2017
  #14
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KorgAddict View Post
Hopefully they'll put some GUi parameters you can change so we don't have to resort to skins by other users.
If the FCPX didn't get it, Logic probably won't either. The overly dark and un-tweakable GUI is probably one of my biggest disappointments in Logic X. I hate that I have to actually hack into Logic to change its appearance.
Old 2nd January 2017
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Lockable mixer window. Predictable multitimbral/aux/bus behavior. No more movie export failure. Remember my automation lane selections. Allow more than one CC lane under the piano roll.

I'll pay. Call it what you want 10.3, 11, 12. I'll pay 200 just to get the lockable mixer windows back from LP9.
Old 3rd January 2017
  #16
Gear Maniac
 
Trip Hop Mop's Avatar
Has anyone tried the new FCPX update ? Any improvements with the GUI's performance compared to the previous version ? Might give an idea if we can expect Logic's new GUI to improve performance as well rather than just giving it a modern look.
Old 3rd January 2017
  #17
Gear Head
 
logicprose's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuo View Post
I actually prefer izotope RX as an audio editor so it's not a big deal for me. It's easy enough to make a shortcut that open as an audio file in an external editor and then you just save it... .. just imagine if RX was Logix built-in wave editor

You mean like this....?
your comment about a shortcut was not clear to me so I don't if you mean this feature or not.....


Old 3rd January 2017
  #18
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambosun View Post
Maybe also a UI change similar to the new design of FCPX.
Is the current Logic Pro X not already that..?
Old 3rd January 2017
  #19
Lives for gear
 
Leevi's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor View Post
Is the current Logic Pro X not already that..?
No, the new FCPX GUI is flat and slightly darker.
Old 3rd January 2017
  #20
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor View Post
Is the current Logic Pro X not already that..?
A new flat design was introduced with FCPX 10.3

https://www.apple.com/final-cut-pro/whats-new/
Old 6th January 2017
  #21
Gear Maniac
 

It would be nice if dark mode was supported in the OS and first party apps, working late at night in LPX and then going to the finder can be blinding....
Old 9th January 2017
  #22
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambosun View Post
Maybe also a UI change similar to the new design of FCPX.
Oh, I hope not! Really don't like this flat look they impose on everything these days :(
Old 10th January 2017
  #23
Lives for gear
 
davey boy's Avatar
 

It would be nice if Logic had different GUI skins ala Digital Performer. I can't imagine Apple doing that though. It does seem they'd be more likely to make it a flatter black like the new fcpx.
Old 10th January 2017
  #24
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey boy View Post
It would be nice if Logic had different GUI skins ala Digital Performer. I can't imagine Apple doing that though. It does seem they'd be more likely to make it a flatter black like the new fcpx.

You don't have to wait for it

Digital Performer Theme:

LOGIC PRO X THEMES
Old 10th January 2017
  #25
Lives for gear
 
davey boy's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_30 View Post
You don't have to wait for it

Digital Performer Theme:

LOGIC PRO X THEMES
Very impressive stuff Mathew, you're very talented. I can't imagine the time involved to create all those unique themes. Apple should hire you for Logic 11!
Old 18th January 2017
  #26
Gear Maniac
 

Doing the Logic Pro X rain-dance, hoping that it will rain 10.3 tomorrow .....
Old 18th January 2017
  #27
I'll start dancing...subscribed to this thread just in case...

I think it's been brought up before, but I do wonder if we'll ever see "Logic 11."
Unlike traditional music tech companies who have to generate a continued income from subs or major point releases, Apple makes it's major coin elsewhere.
Could we see years of 10.x releases and a simple rebrand to "Logic Pro"? Same with Final Cut?

Something like Alchemy would have been a paid upgrade anywhere else. We got it free...
Old 18th January 2017
  #28
Registered User
 

This may be the day - ... here's hoping
Old 18th January 2017
  #29
Lives for gear
 
Leevi's Avatar
 

Yep, I guess it should come out today if it is coming this week.
Old 18th January 2017
  #30
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump