The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Logic X Nudge- how to tell how many samples you've nudged
Old 8th June 2015
Lives for gear

Logic X Nudge- how to tell how many samples you've nudged

Is there a way to see how much a region has been nudged? Looking in the inspector information of the region, is there a way to find out this information?

Also, if I'm trying to get the region to the original spot "paste at original position" is not working under the Edit menu. Is there a way to get the audio to the original spot it was recorded at? I thought this was the command to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by zulusound; 8th June 2015 at 05:29 PM..
Old 12th September 2019
Gear Head

Zulu,
I am surprised that nobody ever responded to this topic! Its a VERY good question. I am wondering the same thing. Where is the status window/box that shows you how far you've moved a file from its original position??????
Or is there at least a plugin that will do this?
Old 12th September 2019
Here for the gear
You right click on a region > move > set nudge value.

Decent video that explains this and more:

Old 13th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbachell View Post
You right click on a region > move > set nudge value.

Decent video that explains this and more:
No Alex. That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m not wanting to view the nudge value. I want to view how much I nudge from the original position. Pro Tools has some kind of a clicker window that does this.
It’s very important to be able to know how many samples I have nudged from where I started.
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnscalia View Post
No Alex. That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m not wanting to view the nudge value. I want to view how much I nudge from the original position. Pro Tools has some kind of a clicker window that does this.
It’s very important to be able to know how many samples I have nudged from where I started.
Not sure if Logic X has this, glad to be proven wrong as it would be a good feature to know the value!

Shift-option-command+R will return your region to the original record position if that helps in any way!
Old 13th September 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
The only option that I'm aware of would be through the event list. Nudge is set to 'ticks' by default, and its position value starts at 1, the numbers highlighted in these attachments show how many nudges have been made - 0 & 9. If you set the nudge value to anything other than ticks the position values can be a little difficult to decipher, for example a nudge value of 10ms with one nudge will be displayed as 20.
Attached Thumbnails
Logic X Nudge- how to tell how many samples you've nudged-nudge1.png   Logic X Nudge- how to tell how many samples you've nudged-nudge2.png  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Thanks guys. After all this snafu, I bought Sound Radix Auto Align . Pretty amazing. And it’s not a magic wand. It finds the best “relative phase” positions , and let’s you toggle through them . It’s sort of like choosing a slightly different eq. You still have to use your ears and decide which position sounds best. That said , it has made a huge difference.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Thanks Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz View Post
Not sure if Logic X has this, glad to be proven wrong as it would be a good feature to know the value!

Shift-option-command+R will return your region to the original record position if that helps in any way!
Thanks !
I gotta try that [ shift option command R trick. ] !
If it works , then I’d be a lot more eager to slightly just move things around by eye. It’s good to know there’s a safety net.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks !
I gotta try that [ shift option command R trick. ] !
If it works , then I’d be a lot more eager to slightly just move things around by eye. It’s good to know there’s a safety net.
Yes, it definately works, it's been in Logic since I can remember...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search