The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

First professional multi-channel audio with direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee's Maestro software (iOS and Mac) 4 Analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power Waves special offers available to qualifying Quartet users upon product registration.

Discussions

fancy mic pre's aren't worth it/challenge.

...preamp to add a different color to my small home set up. I am recording on a MacBook Pro, using an Apogee quartet, where I mic acoustic drums, acoustic guitars, and vocals. I fell in love with the transparency of the quartets mic pre's. I'm a big fan of hearing the source as it is. But I can...

View Post

Share your "Glyn Johns" drum recordings

...and Beyerdynamic MC930 in Glyn Johns roughly 2 drumsticks from the snare to both mics. The preamps are Audient ASP800 into Apogee Quartet via adat and into Logic X. I used a little eq, compression and reverb to finish it of. The room is pretty small with low ceilings.

View Post

SDC's without the high freq bump

...up high, is i lost a lot of intimacy with my drum sound, BUT, that's because i was using the apogee quartet and only had 4 inputs, i upgraded to the ensemble thunderbolt, so now i have 8 inputs. So maybe the overheads should be where overheads normally are and i should use other microphones...

View Post

Video Guides