The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussions

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

...the most used tube microphone body out there in the World today. In 2001 I, started working with the APEX 460 which are now made in a cheaper metalwork factory in Ningbo, China. I have attached the schematic from our first circuit re-design in 2001. You can see in my notes...

View Post

Affordable LDC Microphone With Multiple Voicings

...(not your beloved 2-stage, plate-follower CCDA circuit as employed by many of the older, cheaper Chinese tube mics, like the Apex 460 and Nady 1050, of which your tubes-mics are based upon)...prestige brands like Pearlman, Bock, Wunder, Lawson, Korby, Flea, Lucas and others all employ simpler plate-follower type circuits in their higher-end, more historically-accurate...

View Post

Boutique mic companies.

These prices seem fantastic if the mics are as good as the user reviews would suggest. I wonder if the c12 is just another Apex 460 derived mic? Not that that means it can't be very good, but just wonder what it offers over the Avantone etc? The ribbons look interesting. https://www.nudemicrophones.com/products/nude-c12-clone?fbclid=IwAR0w4tfBTt9UPL5a4-OXGrhQNzN_Zhb1ispTxZgE68y8-DY1rbIM2SDKeq4

View Post