The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 426
Remoteness 5th October 2019

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 25 views: 112,664
Remoteness 25th August 2019

I have a burning question... it would probably be buried into oblivion down there where that topic is... So here is my...

The Listener
replies: 2,047 views: 387,809
Mr.Metronome 47 minutes ago

I have a samsung s20 with a usb-c (no headphone jack *sob*) and was wondering if there was a kind of preamp xlr-usb interface...

dirtROBOT
replies: 4 views: 269
chris661 2 hours ago

Seems to be no place to put the boom any further then right behind the conductor. Flying the mics?

DAH
replies: 3 views: 156
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Didn’t get any replies in another forum so thought I’d try here. So first off I’m a reel to reel newbie, so this may be a...

Joncrowell
replies: 7 views: 288
Plush 1 day ago

Deserves its own new thread. Monitoring, headphone mixes, talkback over Ravenna, two channels mic amp, DXD/DSD. YouTube

David Spearritt
replies: 1,081 views: 113,223
INARI 2 days ago

Hi all :) I have a kinda dumb question. I am buying a new cable for my Zoom H4n pro portable recorder, and I am thinking of...

J.S.Erich
replies: 5 views: 268
jimjazzdad 2 days ago

Hey y’all, couldn’t really find the best thread for this post so I chose The next best, if you have a better section for me...

Joncrowell
replies: 10 views: 188
Joncrowell 4 days ago

Hey all, I'm a pianist looking for some advice from any of you who are well versed in grand piano recording - specifically for...

maximumteatime
replies: 13 views: 571
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

I'm currently on the lookout for a mkh 416 for a web series (drama) I need to buy one soon, and I've found a few on ebay that...

TheBlueOne
replies: 37 views: 8,616
TVPostSound 5 days ago

Hi, This is my first post so I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum, if the gear questions are too specific, or if this is...

AndyGreen
replies: 0 views: 74
AndyGreen 6 days ago

Hi Gearslutz community! I wanted to reach out to your collective wisdom! Is it possible/recommended to record classical...

Snake220
replies: 16 views: 464
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Strange there is little mention around here. Anyone have any experience with the Cadac Live1? Cadac Live 1 - Cadac Holdings...

sinewavecrafts
replies: 45 views: 16,594
DownSideUp 1 week ago

Worked on a job today where the engineer used an adapter to convert 130VDC out of a millennia preamp to run a DPA 4003 on a...

tourtelot
replies: 16 views: 1,284
Orgeltonmeister 1 week ago

Ive been setting up a recording studio at my new off grid home. My tube amp (particularly on high gain or with high gain...

EmptyVessel
replies: 69 views: 3,898
Richard Crowley 1 week ago

I have a Nagra 4 S, and am looking at getting a Nagra 4.2 for full format mono tracking, The nagra was packed away for years,...

laddie.music2
replies: 196 views: 56,214
rrkrdo 1 week ago

I've read through some articles about DSD recently including something from Merging and the Sadie manual. They said it is no way...

soloan
replies: 250 views: 47,571
charlienyc 1 week ago

Hello everybody, I'm looking for a versatile recorder for ENG, field recording and home studio applications. I'm a big fan of...

KongsiWo
replies: 3 views: 186
soundmonkey 2 weeks ago

Hey I’m hoping I’m Posting this to the right area, first time posting long time lurker. I’ll start by saying I NEVER...

MthrbrdsPbrds
replies: 0 views: 159
MthrbrdsPbrds 2 weeks ago

I have a gig next month to do a live stream recital of flute and piano. I have only used an iPhone for live streaming before,...

jnorman
replies: 46 views: 1,239
2manyrocks 2 weeks ago

Is this a replacement for the D100? A cursory scan of the specs and here’s my quick takeaway: This big news is XLR inputs...

bwanajim
replies: 58 views: 14,158
heva 2 weeks ago

Any comments besides the rumble from holding the stereo bar in hands (was a spontaneous move)? quasi ORTF (17 cm, 90 degrees),...

DAH
replies: 12 views: 261
derco 2 weeks ago

Hi, I just got a pair of Schoeps CMC64 and despite them sounding lovely the output seems very low, is that normal? In comparison...

beeboss
replies: 16 views: 422
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

I have absolutely had it with Pro Tools. A 6101 error hosed me this weekend; fortunately just the back up. Then no help with...

tourtelot
replies: 143 views: 9,069
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

Hello, I have been looking for a tool to record my classical singing lessons and performances. I need: easy setup -...

bkazez
replies: 24 views: 922
bkazez 3 weeks ago

Don't have a CM4 but it will no doubt be another Line Audio big bang for a little buck and we can count on JP Gerard to handle...

boojum
replies: 160 views: 33,424
studer58 3 weeks ago

Alot of VO guys use the Sennheiser MKH 416 P48. I've also seen the MKH 416 T. From what I've read the "T" stands for...

VO-Guy
replies: 10 views: 20,566
Sanchez 3 weeks ago

Ignore this... I found the answers I was looking for in Eargle’s Microphone book, but I cannot find how to delete this...

Simmosonic
replies: 2 views: 165
chris661 3 weeks ago

Hi! I am looking for a more mobile lightweight deccatree solution than the grace design spacebar. Do not need to carry a lot...

Eirik
replies: 6 views: 548
mpdonahue 3 weeks ago

Hello! I’ve been getting help from this forum, steve and others much appreciated! I’ve been recording trio stuff at my...

shimoyjk
replies: 164 views: 7,171
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

Hi everybody, I just got an AEA TRP to use with my 2 Coles 4038 and my Metric Halo uln-8. I made a first test. The sound is...

Adagietto
replies: 5 views: 256
Adagietto 3 weeks ago

I bought the Acon Deverberate plugin to assist in minimizing the “small room” sound I have to deal with on so many recordings...

jnorman
replies: 44 views: 2,906
nightchef 4 weeks ago

Just like you have video monitors on shoots for the director / clients to observe what's being shot, you need to give...

IronFilm
replies: 5 views: 238
IronFilm 4 weeks ago

I wonder if the 6 series is heading towards the door? It will be interesting to see what they come out with thy bridges the gap...

LDStudios
replies: 92 views: 8,100
IronFilm 4 weeks ago

I'm running an MKH 8040 + MKH 30 p48 in MS config on a rode blimp (I needed the flexibility of using multiple configs so I went...

Schubird
replies: 2 views: 265
tourtelot 4 weeks ago

I recently moved my remote rig over to 3 grace M108s with dante cards. This has made my rig very flexible, although I've still...

miketeachesclass
replies: 19 views: 1,530
tourtelot 4 weeks ago

Hi. Today I broke the NP-F battery connectors on my Sound Devices 702 forcing a faulty battery onto it. I'm thinking: maybe...

fredje
replies: 2 views: 158
fredje 4 weeks ago

Has anyone used the UTrack in the field yet? It seems to be a very tidy solution to a lot of current problems. At an historically...

ray_subsonic
replies: 60 views: 12,839
rmaier 4 weeks ago

I have the option of purchasing a SD Mixpre-6 or a Sony PCM-D100 used for very similar prices. I know that they are quite...

sydilaxe
replies: 2 views: 1,361
sydilaxe 4 weeks ago

This looks interesting:https://www.audiotechnology.com/news/three-avb-madi-networking-products-from-rme

studer58
replies: 31 views: 2,160
rumleymusic 12th August 2020

I just picked up a Manfrotto 1004 12' master light stand and a Manfrotto 099B extension/boom based on seeing several threads...

tessitura
replies: 15 views: 484
RayHeath 10th August 2020

hello, i've read a few threads here about stands for recording sitdown documentaries in the studio, with some great advice. ...

clusterchord
replies: 12 views: 913
James Lehmann 9th August 2020

Here's an intriguing new micro shotgun mic from...

studer58
replies: 12 views: 533
RyanC 8th August 2020

Does anyone have any tips on where to get a pair of Electrovoice PL20 dynamic microphones serviced? They are the same inside as...

TonyF
replies: 9 views: 422
GYMusic 7th August 2020

Hello everyone, As you know, when recording an acoustic ensemble on location (also in studios), it can be sometimes difficult to...

hklworld
replies: 20 views: 2,715
Evert 7th August 2020

For the longest time I had a hard time visualizing what the pickup patterns of MS stereo rigs, or of XY rigs reduced to mono,...

Ebeowulf17
replies: 31 views: 2,204
lukedamrosch 6th August 2020

Hello, all! I just happened upon a great video of a live performance recorded several years ago in the outdoors by KEXP in...

tuba_noise
replies: 2 views: 239
soundmonkey 6th August 2020

Pic's from Friday night in St. John's Cathedral, Denver, using both variations of Tony's Phased Arrays. I've had a very nice...

tenor39
replies: 83 views: 26,885
Tippett 5th August 2020

Any good DAT repair facilities in US?

HelenaBzg
replies: 14 views: 2,088
brettlowden 5th August 2020

Don't know who's seen these but they look pretty hot. If the sonics are as good as the current models and the features are better...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 1,010 views: 285,098
AlFa76 3rd August 2020

Tell me about the hypercardiod pattern on the AKG 414 -- is it noticeably tighter than the cardiod pattern? Would the 414's...

Honkermann
replies: 18 views: 512
deedeeyeah 3rd August 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search