The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 337
Remoteness 5th October 2019

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 25 views: 112,048
Remoteness 25th August 2019

Hi all, I don't believe I'm duplicating a thread anywhere discussing this already, apologies if so. I was just browsing...

lukedamrosch
replies: 1 views: 96
deedeeyeah 4 hours ago

Assuming you’re using a cell phone to capture and broadcast from to Facebook , what cable is needed to receive signal from a...

neve1064
replies: 8 views: 309
neve1064 5 hours ago

Another Old Nagrist question: back in the day I often rented a QGB so I could record to 10" reels. The one I rented was a...

philper
replies: 6 views: 434
kludgeaudio 6 hours ago

Deserves its own new thread. Monitoring, headphone mixes, talkback over Ravenna, two channels mic amp, DXD/DSD. YouTube

David Spearritt
replies: 719 views: 74,485
dfghdhr 10 hours ago

Hey, I recently started to feel my M201s sound overly bright compared to my MD441 - so today I measured them against a CM4...

PeerSoe
replies: 3 views: 193
chris661 23 hours ago

So...while we do have a matched trio of M150 and a Grace tree, I wanted to try something more portable. I already had a pair of...

bwanajim
replies: 42 views: 1,244
studer58 1 day ago

I would be interested in opinions and experiences with Condenser (capacitor) mics, and particularly LDC capacitor mics. I find...

Lurcher_lover
replies: 31 views: 938
didier.brest 2 days ago

Hi Gearslutz, So I've been tasked with a challenge that is a little beyond my pay grade, and I'm hoping you can help. And...

Matt.campbell
replies: 27 views: 1,048
2manyrocks 2 days ago
replies: - views: -
MrKahuna 5 days ago

So the software to calibrate the Neumann KH80 monitors is finally available and I downloaded the control app to give it a shot. ...

jnorman
replies: 36 views: 2,792
edwinhurwitz 1 week ago

For certain gigs, I still have to do live mixes and those mixes are tough to do in a daw only. I’ve been looking for a small...

fifthcircle
replies: 164 views: 13,751
lamacchiacosta 1 week ago

I am covered with the coloured side of tracking. Now I would like to add a stereo preamp which shall sound hifi, natural and...

musicsound-2
replies: 291 views: 80,483
pardonband 1 week ago

Don't have a CM4 but it will no doubt be another Line Audio big bang for a little buck and we can count on JP Gerard to handle...

boojum
replies: 136 views: 23,424
voltronic 1 week ago

I am starting a thread hoping to find out when a new Nagra VII can be purchased. If anyone has any news of updates to the VI,...

AB3
replies: 48 views: 5,220
dogmusic 1 week ago

I'll get right to the point. In order to record instagram videos and Youtube performances, I am trying to connect my interface...

MicahJude
replies: 12 views: 416
bradh 1 week ago

What are Remote Slutz using for an OSX based spectrum analyzer? Looking for something Q&D to look at mics in the studio. ...

tourtelot
replies: 13 views: 361
lukedamrosch 1 week ago

SONONEWS September 2018 – Sonosax Features look really great!

Issadore
replies: 56 views: 4,602
panatrope 2 weeks ago

Hello! I’ve been getting help from this forum, steve and others much appreciated! I’ve been recording trio stuff at my...

shimoyjk
replies: 148 views: 5,513
Bushman 2 weeks ago

Sheesh. I have tried them all. Simple functions like lining up audio with video, titling, import, export, asset management,...

David Spearritt
replies: 338 views: 17,700
David Spearritt 2 weeks ago

I know they are very different and probably few people have had the opportunity of trying both, but which one would you choose as...

gonzalo1004es
replies: 14 views: 583
Plush 2 weeks ago

I’m trying to setup a way to record speech for a person walking in a film from 1-300m away from a single location. I need a mic...

Phi11235
replies: 23 views: 547
Jim Williams 2 weeks ago

Hi all, With such a ridiculously large number of options available, I was wondering if someone who uses an AoIP rig for...

lukedamrosch
replies: 5 views: 391
lukedamrosch 3 weeks ago

I recently had the chance to compare a Schoeps MK22 pair with the DPA 4011A and 4006A with my classical guitar, and I really...

PluckinTones
replies: 44 views: 1,818
John Willett 3 weeks ago

I have a burning question... it would probably be buried into oblivion down there where that topic is... So here is my...

The Listener
replies: 2,042 views: 375,321
pencilextremist 3 weeks ago

today i made an interesting experience by 'comparing' two cardioid sdc's: a dpa on a cello vs a schoeps on a bass: the latter...

deedeeyeah
replies: 3 views: 392
philper 3 weeks ago

MixPre 10 II is on its way. Never used an SD product before, so I have a couple noob questions. 1) Does the MixPre 10 II...

dgpretzel
replies: 20 views: 2,881
dgpretzel 4 weeks ago

I am using this unit for multichannel playback on site. The tracks are created in Pro Tools, then they are transferred to the...

lynngraber
replies: 13 views: 4,222
Andreaux 4 weeks ago

I do some recording of live performance videos, normally just through a basic 8-pre focusrite interface & pro tools....

AldenW
replies: 2 views: 378
jimjazzdad 4 weeks ago

Here are a few samples of two recent concerts I recorded with just a pair of 4061s. All are student ensembles. The string...

voltronic
replies: 3 views: 375
2manyrocks 4 weeks ago

Hello, I have two Equi-Tech isolation transformers and they are both outputting around 127 volts on an input of 122V coming...

SpanishMoon
replies: 6 views: 472
Remoteness 4 weeks ago

Touts symmetry for M/S as a main point. I am looking forward to hearing it. http://samaraudiodesign.com/AL95.html List...

tourtelot
replies: 121 views: 9,248
voltronic 4 weeks ago

I'm looking at doing live recordings of a string quartet and small ensembles. I just bought a pair of cm4s and was going to...

mojostache
replies: 7 views: 476
2manyrocks 4 weeks ago

So I'm doing this remote recording in Vancouver this weekend, and I'm renting an Alesis HD24 hard disk recorder. I'm buying a...

freestyle tromb
replies: 48 views: 16,785
7MMGarrett 4 weeks ago

Check out the (ouch !) pic in the link above. I know it's off topic ...well, perhaps not, if events we might be recording get...

studer58
replies: 4 views: 401
celticrogues 4 weeks ago

It seems. :) In the range of $1500/matched pair I'm told. https://www.rode.com/tf-5 D.

tourtelot
replies: 228 views: 17,289
studer58 4 weeks ago

Asking here because it seems to be where the AoIP folk hang out. Is anyone making a Dante to AVB bridge? I'd like to bring...

lukehatpadl
replies: 52 views: 14,672
mrklkrl 2nd March 2020

Hello. Now I'm thinking about buying livetrak L-20 or MR-18. The main task is drum recording. So I wonder if there is a big...

Tvorozhoggr
replies: 1 views: 366
celticrogues 2nd March 2020

Hi all - I hope I'm posting to the right place - I'm new to the forum. I recently acquired a MixPre-6 II and I'm looking...

prudprend
replies: 16 views: 1,091
SFXDude 2nd March 2020

Hi i am trying to record high track counts with Dante DVS. Im on a MBP 32 channels is the max with my red8pre. I have been...

THE_NIK
replies: 19 views: 815
THE_NIK 1st March 2020

On a Midas Venice I'm wondering how easy it is to cut and solder channels to change routes as shown in the signal block diagrams?...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 13 views: 9,728
darkpipes 1st March 2020

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of this upcoming technology in regards to audio networking, but Yamaha have released a YGDAI...

Murton
replies: 5 views: 4,297
David Spearritt 29th February 2020

Hi everyone, have a question that I cannot seem to find the answer to anywhere.... In regards to embedding loop markers into...

DustiMiraglia
replies: 1 views: 705
Newmann 29th February 2020

As many of you folks know, I've been using M160s for drum overheads for decades, so you know where I stand with regard to these...

Remoteness
replies: 43 views: 8,138
Remoteness 28th February 2020

At the risk of appearing totally green....... I usually record 24/44.1 transferring into Sadie for editing and finally mastering...

Geoff Poulton
replies: 104 views: 4,182
waffleneck 28th February 2020

hello friends. i have the possibility with my school music to record a lot of classical duet made by one classical singer and a...

fafalio
replies: 11 views: 8,401
king2070lplaya 26th February 2020

if you'd have an original u67 which needs repair, where would you send it? whom would you choose for bringing it up to specs?

deedeeyeah
replies: 20 views: 1,014
deedeeyeah 26th February 2020

Any thoughts on this as a high quality stereo on location recording mixer? SiX | Solid State Logic

Thomas W. Bethe
replies: 21 views: 7,279
DirkP 24th February 2020

OK, it has been suggested that the OM1 mics start in a thread of their own, apart from the CM3 mic thread. Good idea. There are...

boojum
replies: 527 views: 103,080
chris661 23rd February 2020

Hi, never posted in this forum before on GS, thanks for any guidance in advance. So I have a studio my dad and I are...

jml designs
replies: 19 views: 1,348
cbc6403 23rd February 2020

Hello Everyone, This is one of my first Posts on gearslutz. I am a Studio owner in South America and there are no reliable or...

Arioch
replies: 1 views: 546
chris661 22nd February 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search