The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 233
Remoteness 5th October 2019

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 111,343
Remoteness 25th August 2019

Thought I would query the folks on this forum to find out what you feel is the best sounding Podium Microphone out there with...

newrob1
replies: 34 views: 36,074
huub 4 hours ago

Looking for input on using Pro Tools Ultimate Native with Dante. This would include a Cheesegrater with PT 2019 & Dante...

aremos
replies: 1 views: 119
huub 4 hours ago

Deserves its own new thread. Monitoring, headphone mixes, talkback over Ravenna, two channels mic amp, DXD/DSD. YouTube

David Spearritt
replies: 504 views: 54,927
SPUMD 7 hours ago

It seems. :) In the range of $1500/matched pair I'm told. https://www.rode.com/tf-5 D.

tourtelot
replies: 227 views: 15,494
studer58 12 hours ago

Hello there. I'm tossing between buying a MixPre-10 II to record some solo piano concerts, vs lugging a HD Native rig (which, to...

lukehatpadl
replies: 55 views: 1,652
Mintelligence 13 hours ago

Is this a replacement for the D100? A cursory scan of the specs and here’s my quick takeaway: This big news is XLR inputs...

bwanajim
replies: 50 views: 10,359
musicsound-2 1 day ago

Zoom comes out with another recording device packing a lot of channels in for a low price. Looks like this will have a street...

Tommy-boy
replies: 36 views: 13,588
lordradish 1 day ago

Has anyone here got their hands on a Rode NT-SF1 yet? There's been a heavy silence since the spring, but several online sellers...

The Magus
replies: 60 views: 7,316
David Spearritt 1 day ago

In the world of mobile and on location recording it's all about the origination... Here's a demonstration of a live performance...

Remoteness
replies: 27 views: 1,107
Remoteness 1 day ago

MixPre 10 II is on its way. Never used an SD product before, so I have a couple noob questions. 1) Does the MixPre 10 II...

dgpretzel
replies: 18 views: 2,205
dogmusic 1 day ago

For those here mad enough to use a computer for location recording, what steps do you take to overcome filesize limitations when...

studer58
replies: 14 views: 299
Scragend 2 days ago

Hello! I’ve been getting help from this forum, steve and others much appreciated! I’ve been recording trio stuff at my...

shimoyjk
replies: 120 views: 3,411
shimoyjk 3 days ago

got to mix a high profile jazz quartet yesterday - besides the usual fun, the situation presented a few challenges: - the...

deedeeyeah
replies: 11 views: 415
fifthcircle 4 days ago

I just ordered a MixPre 10 ii. I use my recorders for location recording of local classical ensemble groups around town. ...

dgpretzel
replies: 12 views: 1,000
iKamil 4 days ago

Hi all, My first post here :) I have the possibility of buying a second hand SD 688 for About the same price as a new 833. What...

Eneas 1
replies: 1 views: 776
IronFilm 4 days ago

Steve Remote, I've noticed in some of your drumset pics that you use a large diaphragm condenser in your setup. It's placed...

Robobo1
replies: 148 views: 32,225
Remoteness 6 days ago

My friend Jim and I, after quite a steep learning curve managed to get a Merging Hapi to show up via AES67 on my Dante Controller...

tourtelot
replies: 9 views: 354
ntpjl 6 days ago

no doubt this is THE place and another opportunity for endless discussions between analog and digital gear fanatics, purists...

deedeeyeah
replies: 20 views: 803
deedeeyeah 6 days ago

In classical music ensemble setting (versus solo) and in a recorded live setting, which gives the most realistic sounding reverb...

Dawson Taylor
replies: 10 views: 1,229
Plush 6 days ago

Has anyone tried a pair of sony ECM-100N as Main pair on Acoustic ensembles? if so, how did they perform? Do they compare in...

Eirik
replies: 11 views: 1,502
dogmusic 6 days ago

Hi, me and a colleague are scaling up our audio/video remote recording business. Actually we do the whole spectrum about choirs...

Double_TWO
replies: 4 views: 420
PeerSoe 6 days ago

I feel like folks around here spend a lot of time discussing the production side of things, but much less time on the unique...

bmillerpipes
replies: 4 views: 180
bremusound 1 week ago

First post in a while here. I have done a search and have learned a few things but would like to narrow things down. Hope I am in...

ChrisFitzgerald
replies: 41 views: 8,150
Scragend 1 week ago

Haven’t seen much discussion about this new mic yet, so I thought I’d start a thread. The TF10 is a new condenser mic...

celticrogues
replies: 8 views: 1,299
swineshead 1 week ago

Hi guys. First time on the forum so be gentle. I have a Sony DMX P01 digital field mixer that can output through AES and...

fegg
replies: 2 views: 196
fegg 1 week ago

Hey all, posting this here as it seems this group has the most experience with Dante... Long story short I'm going to be...

RyanC
replies: 61 views: 5,878
Papanate 1 week ago

Hi, My new turntable set up (Pro-Ject Essentials IIIA) is causing grounding issues. I have a particular set up where I'm...

Seann
replies: 6 views: 283
Remoteness 1 week ago

Hi, I use a Zoom H5 to record lessons and practice solutions, and occasionally as a simple solution to record performances. I...

bkazez
replies: 13 views: 1,667
bkazez 1 week ago

After the market-disrupting F8 it's good to see another new product :) Wonder what the price point will be?.... peachh

JamesClark1991
replies: 304 views: 27,158
Samc 1 week ago

I'm currently using Pro Tools 12.5 with an RME Fireface UC (usb on a pc) and have become interested in using some outboard gear. ...

patrick76
replies: 2 views: 200
patrick76 2 weeks ago

This thread is intended to share my personal take on binaural microphones, their typical design approximations, the assumptions...

sax512
replies: 10 views: 4,159
sax512 2 weeks ago

Hi! Does anyone have any insight if this will work : A setup with a small POE switch connecting two MacBooks (one...

Eirik
replies: 6 views: 484
Eirik 2 weeks ago

Sheesh. I have tried them all. Simple functions like lining up audio with video, titling, import, export, asset management,...

David Spearritt
replies: 323 views: 15,761
joeq 2 weeks ago

This is intended to take the reader through binaural recording theory from A to Z. My goal is that anyone reading and...

sax512
replies: 0 views: 703
sax512 2 weeks ago

I recently acquired a Millennia HV-32P preamp. According to the website, it can be powered with a 12-15V-DC battery pack that...

Pohaku
replies: 0 views: 177
Pohaku 2 weeks ago

Im planning on a big upgrade in my wireless setup this year. im about to payoff my in ear monitors and want to upgrade my...

CrAkD
replies: 18 views: 92,946
Speedskater 2 weeks ago

Price under $1000... This may be their response to Zoom. Interested...

Vunz
replies: 613 views: 66,608
ardis 2 weeks ago

I'm surprised nobody here is discussing this new console from A&H. Based on the price and features this is a more exciting...

Samc
replies: 33 views: 1,269
Remoteness 2 weeks ago

Has anybody tested the AD conversion of the UltraLite mk4? The UltraLite mk4 would cover my I/O needs for remote recordings....

majnu
replies: 10 views: 601
Jim Williams 3 weeks ago

I'm looking to hack together a better and more portable sound rig for my (amateur) film making. IMHO, the ADC chips in almost all...

mickdundee63
replies: 21 views: 710
studer58 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I have a few Sennheiser receivers, one is the EK 300 G3, and the other is a new G4 version. For the G3, if I go into...

Blackout-
replies: 1 views: 412
John Willett 3 weeks ago

Hello. Can someone explain to me what aaton tape id is, and what is it for? I have a DIT on set, that is telling me, this id...

PeterZxxx
replies: 1 views: 360
Mike Paul 3 weeks ago

i'm currently mixing a theater play with just four actors and four musicians (and a dancer) in a 750-year old church (which...

deedeeyeah
replies: 6 views: 274
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

I had a look around on the forums and couldn't really find an answer to this. Why does everyone seem to be using very tall...

chris661
replies: 53 views: 2,418
studer58 3 weeks ago

How are the pre's? Eq? Summing? What kind of aplications are you using it for, recording, live sound, mixing? Thanks

Hiwatt
replies: 28 views: 17,650
Remoteness 3 weeks ago

I'm assuming this must be the successor to the 788 (no longer listed in Gotham's product line...

studer58
replies: 7 views: 758
studer58 3 weeks ago

Don't have a CM4 but it will no doubt be another Line Audio big bang for a little buck and we can count on JP Gerard to handle...

boojum
replies: 108 views: 16,171
jpgerard 3 weeks ago

I spent $1800 on my MixPre 10T, another $100 for the power supply, and another $100 for the musicians plugin, a total of 2...

flatpicksam
replies: 56 views: 3,856
IronFilm 3 weeks ago

What techniques are you employing for recordings made with narrower omni spacings to make the image sound wider please?

Geoff Poulton
replies: 25 views: 1,061
chris661 3 weeks ago

Does anyone have experience with the Watts Polyribbon mic, which features dual ribbons and offers multiple pattern selection ?...

studer58
replies: 1 views: 224
emrr 3 weeks ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search