The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 405
Remoteness 5th October 2019

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 25 views: 112,525
Remoteness 25th August 2019

Here's an intriguing new micro shotgun mic from...

studer58
replies: 7 views: 354
AB3 8 minutes ago

Pic's from Friday night in St. John's Cathedral, Denver, using both variations of Tony's Phased Arrays. I've had a very nice...

tenor39
replies: 79 views: 26,366
Tippett 4 hours ago

For the longest time I had a hard time visualizing what the pickup patterns of MS stereo rigs, or of XY rigs reduced to mono,...

Ebeowulf17
replies: 30 views: 2,044
David Rick 5 hours ago

Deserves its own new thread. Monitoring, headphone mixes, talkback over Ravenna, two channels mic amp, DXD/DSD. YouTube

David Spearritt
replies: 1,015 views: 105,558
tailspn 6 hours ago

This looks interesting:https://www.audiotechnology.com/news/three-avb-madi-networking-products-from-rme

studer58
replies: 24 views: 1,534
gminorcoles 1 day ago

Any good DAT repair facilities in US?

HelenaBzg
replies: 12 views: 1,816
Indrestudios 1 day ago

Don't know who's seen these but they look pretty hot. If the sonics are as good as the current models and the features are better...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 1,010 views: 283,855
AlFa76 1 day ago

Tell me about the hypercardiod pattern on the AKG 414 -- is it noticeably tighter than the cardiod pattern? Would the 414's...

Honkermann
replies: 18 views: 401
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hello there. I'm tossing between buying a MixPre-10 II to record some solo piano concerts, vs lugging a HD Native rig (which, to...

lukehatpadl
replies: 75 views: 4,231
lukehatpadl 5 days ago

Dear Gearslutz community, I'm going to to a classical live recording in an old broadcast vehicle which has a Sony DMX R100...

chrystis
replies: 7 views: 785
charlyston 6 days ago

Hey Folks, Any opinions on the Genex GX8000 as a viable location recording machine in 2009? The manual doesnt seem to be...

mosrite
replies: 74 views: 9,485
nat8808 1 week ago

Just like you have video monitors on shoots for the director / clients to observe what's being shot, you need to give...

IronFilm
replies: 4 views: 168
deedeeyeah 1 week ago

Tetramic?

Do any of you have experience with the Core Sound Tetramic? it is similar in design and function to the soundfield ambisonic...

jnorman
replies: 96 views: 26,449
IronFilm 1 week ago

Does anyone have any tips on where to get a pair of Electrovoice PL20 dynamic microphones serviced? They are the same inside as...

TonyF
replies: 6 views: 314
chris661 1 week ago

Hello, I have been looking for a tool to record my classical singing lessons and performances. I need: easy setup -...

bkazez
replies: 23 views: 779
Operadude 2 weeks ago

Please suggest the best Master word clock, that goes up to 192Khz, has 4k Video black burst and sufficient star-distribution via...

adimodi
replies: 9 views: 365
lukehatpadl 2 weeks ago

Anyone ever do a replacement of the Korgs harddrive? I picked up a Seagate 160GB hard drive from OfficeMax the other week. I...

Shadow_7
replies: 6 views: 4,580
DAH 2 weeks ago

How's it goin slutz new slut here had a ? Hopefully someone with the knowledge and experience with a manley TNT preamp can answer...

Manoloalv
replies: 0 views: 128
Manoloalv 3 weeks ago

Hello, all! I just happened upon a great video of a live performance recorded several years ago in the outdoors by KEXP in...

tuba_noise
replies: 1 views: 171
tuba_noise 3 weeks ago

Posted this in studio building forum, but got no answer. Thought I'd try here, hope that is OK..... I'm looking to connect two...

Lorddiagram
replies: 2 views: 218
liuto 3 weeks ago

A thread for the DIY/fiddling crowd! The omni Primo EM172 comes up for discussion from time to time on this forum, whether as a...

norfolksoundman9
replies: 6 views: 1,057
onlyme 3 weeks ago

Hello! Anyone out there, who knows how to setup two SSL Alphalinks cards? The first card is working fine, but on the second card...

Larry10
replies: 4 views: 195
brew 3 weeks ago

Hello! I’ve been getting help from this forum, steve and others much appreciated! I’ve been recording trio stuff at my...

shimoyjk
replies: 162 views: 6,876
Crazy4Jazz 4 weeks ago

Hi, I'm building a small PA system using a portable power station.hittt One portable power station is enough for all the...

Granny Nakajima
replies: 0 views: 160
Granny Nakajima 4 weeks ago

Hey! First post, first question. I’m a reader for years, but I don’t find what i’m looking for now. Time to create an...

GGBoCa
replies: 9 views: 456
studer58 4 weeks ago

I am intrigued by the Stagetec "TrueMatch" microphone interfaces in their Nexus system. They use 4 A/D chips to...

niversen
replies: 50 views: 1,300
Mr P 4 weeks ago

I have absolutely had it with Pro Tools. A 6101 error hosed me this weekend; fortunately just the back up. Then no help with...

tourtelot
replies: 141 views: 8,687
studer58 4 weeks ago

Hello! I am new to the forum - I have been lurking for awhile but I have been learning from the forums and I recently purchased...

zuko
replies: 0 views: 147
zuko 4 weeks ago

Hi guys. I'm a new member and have been trying to do FB live shows. To outline the picture, I am using a Mac with logic Pro X, a...

thecraftybutcher
replies: 20 views: 705
thecraftybutcher 4 weeks ago

Hi! Does anyone have any insight if this will work : A setup with a small POE switch connecting two MacBooks (one...

Eirik
replies: 11 views: 1,213
kermel69 23rd June 2020

Hi! I am considering something and would like to ask for any thoughts... It is all about the next step in my mixing process...

Maciek
replies: 4 views: 325
brew 23rd June 2020

I was getting really weird jittery, comb-filtering, scratching, synchronicity issue-like sounds during playback from my MacBook,...

neve1064
replies: 5 views: 227
JCBigler 20th June 2020

Hi All: I do location ORTF recording for various orchestras, concert bands and choirs in San Diego. I'm currently using two...

rcartwright
replies: 55 views: 9,535
seanmccoy 19th June 2020

anyone around here with extensive experience working on newer studer vista digital desks (such as vista 5m3, v, x) running on a...

deedeeyeah
replies: 6 views: 487
deedeeyeah 16th June 2020

Asking here because it seems to be where the AoIP folk hang out. Is anyone making a Dante to AVB bridge? I'd like to bring...

lukehatpadl
replies: 53 views: 16,092
lukehatpadl 15th June 2020

Hi Gearslutz, So I've been tasked with a challenge that is a little beyond my pay grade, and I'm hoping you can help. And...

Matt.campbell
replies: 37 views: 1,987
David Spearritt 13th June 2020

Tried today and compared to yesterday "ORTF", liked it more as more wide, cohesive and stronger center, basically, a...

DAH
replies: 5 views: 390
DAH 12th June 2020

OK in way over my head with this one I have done all kinds of music Bands and Vocals but never a Female Opera singer I have great...

ROCKER STUDIOS
replies: 45 views: 9,094
chris661 11th June 2020

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good way to get good audio when I do FB live of my band. Right now we just have a PA and we are just...

solidsinewave
replies: 2 views: 541
jheath 8th June 2020

Hello, We are going on quite long jurney through many different countries. We would like to record (video and audio) local...

Cyril_Sup
replies: 28 views: 1,790
jheath 5th June 2020

Hi, I have one of the Audio Technica System 10 on camera wireless audio systems (model: ATW-1701) and would like to use this with...

LucDeprez
replies: 2 views: 222
LucDeprez 5th June 2020

I just downloaded this app, found on The Deal Zone for free (minimal nags) and it looks like it is a simple, quick and painless...

tourtelot
replies: 2 views: 257
tourtelot 1st June 2020

Hi guys, I used in the past professional systems such as Sadie, Sequoia on Windows for editing classical recordings.... The...

achabloop5080
replies: 77 views: 8,411
Given To Fly 31st May 2020

Just found out I'm recording some Udu drums this weekend - can anyone pass on some do's and don'ts about getting the best results...

reid
replies: 15 views: 29,439
Poopypants 27th May 2020

Is that an early cell phone or just a SPL meter hanging on a strap near his back pocket ...:lol:

studer58
replies: 6 views: 424
Riccardo 26th May 2020

Wich do you used for mics, analog interconexion and digital? evisto

evisto
replies: 645 views: 33,987
nomoreflakes 24th May 2020

Thoughts on suitable units; clean, neutral, 2-channel bus compressors for live classical music broadcast chain? D.

tourtelot
replies: 61 views: 3,146
frenzy 24th May 2020

It seems. :) In the range of $1500/matched pair I'm told. https://www.rode.com/tf-5 D.

tourtelot
replies: 234 views: 18,977
Glenn Bucci 23rd May 2020

I know. DAT? Really? A retiring friend is selling his stuff and it included a really minty Sony PCM 7040 studio time code...

tourtelot
replies: 4 views: 245
studer58 22nd May 2020

BEHRINGER: X32 2500$,.... UHOH..

George Necola
replies: 886 views: 418,897
charleyrickard 21st May 2020

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search