The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Powered By AuraSonic
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Important note: Please consider subscribing to the three new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical,' 'Mobile & Location Rigs'...

Remoteness
replies: 1 views: 493
Remoteness 5th October 2019

1 - Pre Production: Talk to band management Band producer, if applicable Band if possible Venue people ...

Remoteness
replies: 25 views: 113,558
Remoteness 25th August 2019

Sheesh. I have tried them all. Simple functions like lining up audio with video, titling, import, export, asset management,...

David Spearritt
replies: 405 views: 21,178
iksrazal 1 hour ago

I am thinking of buying a Schoeps MSTC 64U. It will be used for grand pianos (recording AND live sound) and small ensembles. At...

Lakeside
replies: 57 views: 19,945
Plush 2 hours ago

Deserves its own new thread. Monitoring, headphone mixes, talkback over Ravenna, two channels mic amp, DXD/DSD. YouTube

David Spearritt
replies: 1,510 views: 147,312
thermos 2 hours ago

Just sharing this video here, a baby grand piano in a tiny room, recorded with Rode’s TF5s. The stereo image isn’t great...

Simmosonic
replies: 67 views: 8,344
John Arthur 8 hours ago

Hello I want to get a field recording mic for and iPhone so I could carry around it most of time and record some random stuff,...

greedy.mf
replies: 14 views: 3,144
WiFiJeff 14 hours ago

Recently Announced... (from Merging website) NEW FEATURES Channel-based routing. Each channel can be routed individually...

lukedamrosch
replies: 5 views: 246
David Spearritt 20 hours ago

I have a pair of old (ancient) MDR-7506's. Maybe even 15 years or older. Do the speaker cones/driver degrade over time on...

Sevitzky
replies: 16 views: 4,075
studer58 1 day ago

Has anyone tried a pair of sony ECM-100N as Main pair on Acoustic ensembles? if so, how did they perform? Do they compare in...

Eirik
replies: 13 views: 2,803
markk02474 2 days ago

Am I correct in assuming that it is necessary to power down the Sennheiser G3 bodypack transmitter before plugging in or...

perplexia
replies: 2 views: 107
tourtelot 2 days ago

Hi! I am considering something and would like to ask for any thoughts... It is all about the next step in my mixing process...

Maciek
replies: 6 views: 767
elephantpants 3 days ago

Asking here because it seems to be where the AoIP folk hang out. Is anyone making a Dante to AVB bridge? I'd like to bring...

lukehatpadl
replies: 57 views: 18,548
Drowl 3 days ago

I have pairs of Schoeps MK22, MK21 and MK2 here, which is very interesting opportunity to compare these capsules on various...

ISedlacek
replies: 41 views: 14,042
deedeeyeah 4 days ago

Hi! I would like to know what software/hardware i need to setup a remote session with a potential customer that wants to try...

JAY X
replies: 3 views: 415
deedeeyeah 5 days ago

Hello friends, I have been recording podcasts for a few years, take the gear with me to all sorts of locations to record, and...

jaacobrs
replies: 5 views: 269
ronmac 6 days ago

I'm starting to get more corporate bookings for live production/streaming so I need to up my wireless mic setup. I currently have...

smslavin
replies: 7 views: 413
smslavin 6 days ago

Hey all, I have an electronics question for you. I'm looking to bodge together a wired 48v PSU for a lapel (a Tram TR50). They...

MixingWizard
replies: 4 views: 224
voltronic 6 days ago

* Remoteness, would you please touch upon the isolation mic techniques for live stage recordings which you call "Virtual...

Jim Easton
replies: 39 views: 13,306
Remoteness 6 days ago

Hey y’all! Long time reader, first time posting. I need some insight/help on some details with the Frippertronics setup with...

JimmyRhea
replies: 2 views: 146
jnorman 6 days ago

Anyone out there has some groovy workaround for getting files off an HD24 if you have a Mac that's newer than, say, my...

tourtelot
replies: 11 views: 304
tourtelot 6 days ago

Hello, I'm still thinking of expanding the channel count on my mobile setup. Adding a Mixpre 10 would be a bit over my budget. As...

rojaros
replies: 66 views: 2,925
AB3 1 week ago

Hi all, glad to be a part of this forum. I am just getting started in audio engineering, and I'm wondering how to get the...

Sonoricity
replies: 2 views: 168
s.d.finley 1 week ago

For those Anubis users who have gone deep into the unit. Can I use the EQ to create a 3-way crossover on outputs of a connected...

brhoward
replies: 6 views: 228
David Spearritt 1 week ago

Don't have a CM4 but it will no doubt be another Line Audio big bang for a little buck and we can count on JP Gerard to handle...

boojum
replies: 191 views: 43,522
tonejunkee 1 week ago

After the market-disrupting F8 it's good to see another new product :) Wonder what the price point will be?.... peachh

JamesClark1991
replies: 321 views: 30,857
JamesClark1991 1 week ago

What 2 channel power supplies can be used with them? I suppose, the B&K power supply acts like a kind of preamp? In case of...

DAH
replies: 4 views: 159
bremusound 1 week ago

Blackmagic has announced additional ATEM Mini Extreme and Mini Extreme ISO models. Mainly, it looks like they've doubled the...

2manyrocks
replies: 0 views: 123
2manyrocks 1 week ago

Don't know who's seen these but they look pretty hot. If the sonics are as good as the current models and the features are better...

MichaelPatrick
replies: 1,028 views: 290,999
mlavio829 1 week ago

I watch a lot of old live recordings from the 70's-90's and the singers get right up on the vocal mic , usually a 57 or 58 , and...

ScumBum
replies: 5 views: 282
kludgeaudio 1 week ago

In classical music ensemble setting (versus solo) and in a recorded live setting, which gives the most realistic sounding reverb...

Dawson Taylor
replies: 33 views: 3,412
idee und klang 1 week ago

Hi all, posting in here as I'm assuming there are others that use MADI for multichannel over long distances. I'm probably...

DaveyJones
replies: 8 views: 335
kludgeaudio 2 weeks ago

Haven’t seen much discussion about this new mic yet, so I thought I’d start a thread. The TF10 is a new condenser mic...

celticrogues
replies: 16 views: 3,039
surflounge 2 weeks ago

Price under $1000... This may be their response to Zoom. Interested...

Vunz
replies: 619 views: 78,710
bassdivad 2 weeks ago

SONONEWS September 2018 – Sonosax Features look really great!

Issadore
replies: 57 views: 5,745
dfghdhr 2 weeks ago

Hi there, I've just recently decided to jump aboard this whole mobile recording rig thang and I have a question for those of...

BenJah
replies: 63 views: 6,441
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hi! So at the end of the month I'm recording a live session in a public pool (not IN the pool obviously, a few feet from the...

Dullman
replies: 8 views: 342
2manyrocks 2 weeks ago

Hey, I'm about to get a MK41 for one of my Schoeps bodies but am wandering if there are any alternatives I'm overlooking....

PeerSoe
replies: 3 views: 156
philper 2 weeks ago

I'd like to pose a dumb question about microphone self-noise specs: does an equal self noise spec on two microphones sound...

carpa
replies: 27 views: 666
gonzalo1004es 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone I'm going to record an audio drama and I want it to be quite theatrical, with the microphone right in the action...

bev_radio
replies: 4 views: 182
IronFilm 2 weeks ago

I was wondering if someone could describe in depth the physics of how microphone grids affect frequency response... It seems...

aracu
replies: 2 views: 171
avare 2 weeks ago

Hi guys I just purchased apogee element 88 today. When I tried to connect it to my laptop, I figured my 2020macbook pro...

gtwalker
replies: 6 views: 412
dasbin 2 weeks ago

So the software to calibrate the Neumann KH80 monitors is finally available and I downloaded the control app to give it a shot. ...

jnorman
replies: 46 views: 4,749
Marmageddon 2 weeks ago

I’ve been really fortunate in that our studio is getting a decent amount of new work streaming local festivals and events. I do...

jacktiki411
replies: 10 views: 296
tourtelot 3 weeks ago

Hi, I recently bought a Studer 928 mixer console and after some test is has some problems. I´m looking for a Studer technician...

CruztoCruz
replies: 0 views: 105
CruztoCruz 3 weeks ago

Here are a few samples of two recent concerts I recorded with just a pair of 4061s. All are student ensembles. The string...

voltronic
replies: 22 views: 878
deedeeyeah 3 weeks ago

Hi, I just wanted to share this (to me) incredible accidental discovery. I just received a pair of Sony PULSE 3D Headphones...

nikanoru
replies: 0 views: 156
nikanoru 3 weeks ago

How yuo setting "pan law" for a classical music recording ? -3 db ? -6db ? -0db ? Is important for spot...

GIACOMO-_
replies: 12 views: 2,838
mathieujm 3 weeks ago

A slight nod to the old Chanel No. 5 advert, yes, but I'm almost serious-- I'd picked up the DR 03 last year, and was astonished...

joelpatterson
replies: 71 views: 27,669
heva 3 weeks ago

Hello, I posted this on the Reaper forums and somebody said this wouldn’t make any difference but I want to get others opinions...

540code
replies: 4 views: 164
540code 3 weeks ago

Hi all, I hope I have posted this in the correct sub-forum. I've searched all over but can't find the exact info I'm after. I am...

cvj
replies: 12 views: 1,537
king2070lplaya 4 weeks ago

I've read through some articles about DSD recently including something from Merging and the Sadie manual. They said it is no way...

soloan
replies: 290 views: 50,443
David Spearritt 4 weeks ago

Moderators