The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
CM3 - really THAT good?
Old 14th August 2019
Lives for gear

Yeah, many live situations make it impossible for us to get the sonic perfection we're seeking. On the other hand, I'll bet this sounds better than what the audience heard.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
What are you guys using to hold the SRS 3-D Printed NOS Mount for the CM3? I just got one, and the new version does not fit on the CMEH shockmount that I have... I had tried an earlier version of the 3-d Printed NOS mount that fit the CMEH perfectly, but unfortunately, that's not the case anymore.

I know this mount will fit the mic holder that comes with the CM3, but then there is no shock absorption. The Rycote Lyre might fit, but I can't justify buying one right now just for this purpose, so I'm looking for cheaper solutions. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You tried removing the CMEH's diameter reduction adapter, right? You can then stretch or bend inwards the CMEH's jaw to taste/needs. Don't overdo it, but there's some room to play there.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
I thought about it, but it seemed like I was going to damage it... I'll give it another try! Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Well, without the diameter reduction adapter, it fits.... and the CMEH is too big! I guess it would be the perfect size with the adapter, but I'd definitely break the plastic diameter reduction adapter if I tried :-( I will try to find the little plastic piece that comes with the CMEH to make it so one could "fill in" for different mic sizes and see if it helps, but I'm not holding by breath...

Last edited by VlaVlnPlayer; 2 weeks ago at 04:14 PM.. Reason: Tried the experiement shortly after posting it!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sure, just bend the jaws out a bit (2-3mm will do), slide the plastic adapter out and then bend the jaws to the proper dimension, in turn it will affect the inside jaw.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've been using Mic-Eze clamps. I fiddled around with various methods including mic clips, but found the flexibility of the clamps to be better. Depending on the configuration, I have on occasion used a Rycote.
Old 1 week ago
Super Moderator

Important Side Bar Note:

As many may already know, we now have two additional sub-forums.

If you want to get the full experience of the 'Remote Possibilities in Location Recording and Production' forum and its topics, consider subscribing to them.

Any new post in these categories will not come up on your 'New Subscribed Threads' notifications unless you subscribe to them.

IMHO, having these new sub-forums, 'All Things Technical' and 'Mobile & Location Rigs' will prove to be a great addition to this awesome Remotester-centric forum!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search