The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Echo Audiofire 12?
Old 1st August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Bump for an old thread. Anyone using an Audiofire 12 on El Capitan? Does it work properly? I'm looking to get two of these for an affordable 24io setup for console integration.
Old 1st August 2016
Gear Guru

I would strongly recommend to get something newer with full support and better conversion sound quality.

The Steinberg UR824 and Presonus DP88 / Studio 192 come to mind. Both of these make the Audiofire seem truly outdated and outmoded. Embarrassing it at every turn. Not even that much more expensive either, but you get way more for your money.
Old 2nd August 2016 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I would strongly recommend to get something newer with full support and better conversion sound quality.

The Steinberg UR824 and Presonus DP88 / Studio 192 come to mind. Both of these make the Audiofire seem truly outdated and outmoded. Embarrassing it at every turn. Not even that much more expensive either, but you get way more for your money.
Thanks, but all those units are very different beasts, and all of them would require me to purchase three of them, or one and two ADAT converters.

I'm familiar and content with the Echofire's audio quality, and I'm specifically looking for experiences in using them on El Capitan
Old 2nd August 2016 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post

Truth
Old 4th September 2016
Here for the gear

Hey I just purchased a Audiofire 8 and was curious how its going to work with El capitan. I'll let you know about my experience when the interface comes in.
I also contacted the support team of Echo Audio and they said it should work but that some people were having problems, not sure with what.
Old 5th September 2016
Lives for gear
I know this comment is somewhat late in the game, but I sold my two AudioFire 12's last week. During the process, I discovered that Echo Audio has added the 5.9 version of the driver/firmware for OS X in the Downloads portion of the website, and the labeling shows 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.11 (El Capitan) support.

HTH
Old 6th September 2016
Gear Nut

The deal on the console fell through, so I ended up getting an Ensemble for a decent price
Old 6th September 2016
Gear Guru

Glad to hear it, I think that's a much better interface.
Old 7th December 2017 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Mattheiszen View Post
Bump for an old thread. Anyone using an Audiofire 12 on El Capitan? Does it work properly? I'm looking to get two of these for an affordable 24io setup for console integration.
Bump!

I have the same question, although I already have a audio fire 12 and El Capitan(10.11.6) I've looked everywhere online and haven't found a clear answer.
📝 Reply