The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shuffler frequency choice
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

Question Shuffler frequency choice

What frequency centre are you all choosing when using the shuffler technique?
Old 14th November 2009
Lives for gear

That would be the frequency shelving shuffler not the Blumlein baffle.

Thanks
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Oh! Well, it was worth a try!
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Not a lot of people here ride the Linkwitz-Riley Rolloff Rollercoaster.
it was funny, to me at least.
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim vanBergen View Post
Not a lot of people here ride the Linkwitz-Riley Rolloff Rollercoaster.
it was funny, to me at least.

Thanks Jim

I was beginning to feel unloved.........................again!
Old 18th November 2009
Lives for gear

By the by, that Blumlein Baffle- I've only seen it used a few times, in collaboration with the Pythagorean Pyramid Microphone Mountain driving the Beluga Bitstream encoder to a Salacious Sony Spitfire Cylinder Recorder running at 768 kHz at 96 bits. Have you found the Blumlein Baffle being used with other arrays and master recorders?

Jeez I have too much time on my hands today.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Beluga Bitstream encoder to a Salacious Sony Spitfire Cylinder Recorder running at 768 kHz at 96 bits.

Oh! I tried that combination but I had an enormous amount of trouble with the fluffle valve, I couldn't locate the seals, I just gave up in the end, it just didn't come up to the mark for me. I got an mp3 player instead.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobilmente View Post
Beluga Bitstream encoder to a Salacious Sony Spitfire Cylinder Recorder running at 768 kHz at 96 bits.

Oh! I tried that combination but I had an enormous amount of trouble with the fluffle valve, I couldn't locate the seals, I just gave up in the end, it just didn't come up to the mark for me. I got an mp3 player instead.
Yeah, that happens. I mean, sure, you CAN go that route, but then it sounds so...digital, you know? I was looking for more of a... salacious sound. What I've done is put a tiny piece of sandpaper on a long metal rod and sand the inside of the fluffle valve from the cylinder hatch, which will expose the seal, which you can then beat into submission.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim vanBergen View Post
Yeah, that happens. I mean, sure, you CAN go that route, but then it sounds so...digital, you know? I was looking for more of a... salacious sound. What I've done is put a tiny piece of sandpaper on a long metal rod and sand the inside of the fluffle valve from the cylinder hatch, which will expose the seal, which you can then beat into submission.
Sort of like seal clubbing?
I'll give that a try,
I've always had truffle with the flubble, sorry, trouble with the fluffle, so that could be a way out.

I mean, the mp3 doesn't even utilise a fluffle valve, can you believe that in 2009? Unbelievable, Chinese junk.
Old 19th November 2009
Lives for gear

Man, am I relieved! I was too dumb to know there was no such thing and too proud to ask so I decided to just sit this one out and see what happened. So another addition to the "key to the clearing house", the "liver bone book", "board stretchers" and "smoke shifters."
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boojum View Post
Man, am I relieved! I was too dumb to know there was no such thing and too proud to ask so I decided to just sit this one out and see what happened. So another addition to the "key to the clearing house", the "liver bone book", "board stretchers" and "smoke shifters."

Welcome!! (Welcome to Python land!)
Old 20th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boojum View Post
Oh! By the way, the shuffler's real. Ha, ha!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear