The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Live Vocal chain
Old 26th January 2012
this is an old thread but I'm not a fan of the B87s. They've seem to work well with about 1 out of 10 vocalists I put it on. They seem to overload and create a honky compressed sound with strong vocals.

I love the Neumann 105s but they can have a little to much bleed with a loud drummer or guitars. They also aren't very cheap but most things worth buying usually cost more. They work with most vocalists that I've thrown it on but not everyone so make sure to rent one from a local production rental house before dropping $700.

The good and faithful SM58 still works well every time. 58s can take eq, dynamics and effects very well while some of the other hyped microphones become harsh. I don't know if another mic will ever replace the benefits of the plain jane 58. They're consistent on all different styles and sources.

-steve

Last edited by theeverettdale; 26th January 2012 at 07:34 AM.. Reason: i suck at spelling
Old 26th January 2012
Gear Maniac

Heh... I don't really post much anymore, but out of sheer boredom:::

Three Libras Live - Leno - YouTube

A Beta 87 in the right hands.

Really a shame its such a low quality video, but the idea is there. Singing that finale is... err.... difficult.

I love how Leno says "Thank you guy!" to Maynard James Keenan. lol...
Old 29th October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by surflounge View Post
I use this one but still can't get any clear vocals with my mix (when the music plays)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search