The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Live8
Old 6th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan19
*clears throat* Good analogy. Although I can't help but step in momentarily to mention that there are infact cures for many types of cancers. Not surprisingly, they're being suppressed by scientists and the medical establishment, because it's alternative medicine, and natural therapies can't be patented for profit. (See Dr. Max Gerson literature. I know someone who completely reversed her breast cancer with it, rather than killing herself with chemo. It's sad that modern medicine persecutes solutions in favor of profits.)

It USED to hurt like hell. I would've rather had someone throw degrading personal insults at me than just rolloff careless remarks about my music.

I agree with Scinx to an extent--in that you can always benefit from constructive criticism--but the bottom line is that music is nothing more or less than an expression of personal emotion. Each one of us Jose has a completely different emotional makeup. Therefore a song that might move someone to tears might make another person laugh; a song that might put someone to sleep might keep another person on the edge of their seat.

Reality is personal perception, and we all feel our way through life differently. Once you not only understand that, but accept it as well, it allows you to stop worrying about the people who put your music down, and thrive in the unity of those who live and breathe your music with you.

Fans latch onto your music because you're expressing THEIR emotions in a way they've always wanted to but never could. The musician is simply a liason- the voice that everyone else releases their emotions through.
See Jordan we didn't need to drink the water to understand : )

I agree with you 100%.

You could not have put it better. great post.
Old 6th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scinx
But this is a pretty foolish notion. Some scientists are absolutely invigorated by the idea they can come up with a cure for cancer. If some scientist found the cure, should he keep it contained and under wraps since he just did it for the love of it?
Scinx. I would bet you they are looking for a cure because they have a passion for healing people not because they love finding cure's for stuff for the fun of it. I would assume that's their motivation. At least I would like to think thats the reason behind medical research.
Old 7th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker
No offense to Ringo who is great but Macca's drummer Abe Laboriel Jr. is a total joy to hear and watch. A monster player with a DEEP groove but never a show-off, and he's a damn fine singer too.

He's on a lot of stuff like Doyle Bramhall II's first solo record or the Raging Honkies project that Mike Landau did or maybe still does.

BTW, does anybody know if he ever did any recording with his dad, who's one of the best bass players anywhere?

Andi

www.doorknocker.ch
Havn´t heard of his name before ( which doesn´t mean anything, ain´t aware of many great musicians ), but can well imagine what you say. Didn´t feel like missing anything on the performance.
My wish was just meant from the romantic side of things. You know like with the touching PF gig.

Anyone knowing of what Ringo is doing?

And on a sidenote, I think a Harrison album to have been accomplished by his son ( George´s I mean [?] ) after the sad pass away. Is it out, any good?

Ruphus
Old 7th July 2005
Mindreader

The missing link to much of this is on the live 8 website

http://www.live8live.com/

For some reason the 'message' wasn't broadcast inbetween the bands for a lot of the TV coverage.

Bev
Old 27th July 2005

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search