The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Radial splitter?
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear
Question Radial splitter?

Hi,

A buddy of mine is about to go for the Radial V12.

http://www.radialeng.com/rcs/snakes_v12_so.htm

I asked him to give me 24 hours to get some opinions on this. You never know, I might have to use it some time!

Cheers,

Daire
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

hi Daire,

I just got my first piece of Radial gear: the Pro DI. That's their 'cheap' ($80 U.S.) passive with an unnamed transformer inside. Mumetal shielding, etc. Sounds great with a bass guitar plugged in. Adds color without being too obvious.

The only thing negative I can think to say about it is that I wouldn't want somebody to throw it at me. Little thing is heavy. Seems like a very cool company.

best,

John
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear

Haven't used them personally, but everything I've ever seen or used by Radial has been very well built. I believe their splitters use Jensen Transformers which is always a plus.

--Ben
Old 29th June 2005
Lives for gear
I've just got a call from my buddy to say he's chosen Klark Teknik. Looks quite good. Here it is for anyone who's interested.

http://www.klarkteknik.com/pages/set_products.html

The Radial stuff can't be got in Europe so it seems.

Daire
Old 29th June 2005
Gear Addict

I own several of their DI's and recently the X-amp and I can only say the best things about them. They use high quality construction and the sound is awesome. Looking at the website the modular splitter sounds like a great way to go, but I can't imagine how expensive that will turn out being with all the snakes needed. I hope this helps you.
Old 29th June 2005
Here for the gear

RE: radial splitter?

The Radial stuff is simply awesome. Super well built, nice cable, nice design. Those Canadians make some great stuff. Two of the sound companies I work for use their snakes and di's and they blow away even Whirlwind. The V12 in that link is especially nice.

my 2 cents...

Jeremy

Last edited by Jeremy-PR; 29th June 2005 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 5th July 2005
Gear Maniac

im using a 16 channel tranformer isolated whirlwind splitter, and it's doing it's job wonderfully. coupled with a 100' medusa.

all thats going into my onyx1640, out the firewire connection and into whichever software i happen to be running at the time. i then run it through some waves plugs and call it a live recording, "cutting and splicing" where neccessary.

i could use better mic cabling and of course i want a few different mics, but other than that im getting very very nice results. maybe a little too much info, but with this splitter, i get results that are every bit as good as anything i've heard on the market, done with mobile gear.

consider the whirlwind stuff. you'll get the same result, and you may be able to buy groceries that week as well.
Old 6th July 2005
Gear Head

i've never met a splitter that didn't use jensen transformers that i thought was any good. i don't think hte radial used jensens
Old 7th July 2005
Gear Addict

We use a Radial V12 48 channel splitter and it has worked out great. They make a very durable procuct and they do offer a choice of Jensen transformers if you want them although their "in house" transformer are pretty damm good and compare well against the Jensens.

Sorry to hear your friend already pruchesed as I cannot say enough good things about the customer service and support from the team at Radial.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Jim
Old 7th July 2005
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimivan
...Sorry to hear your friend already pruchesed as I cannot say enough good things about the customer service and support from the team at Radial.

Best of luck.

Regards,

Jim
There is always room for more "great service and support" from manufactures.
IMO, Is there ever enough of that?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search