The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DAVElectronics' Broadhurts Gardens preamp - any users?
Old 6th January 2006
Gear Guru

My only qualification to post in this thread is that I spent more than 6 weeks researching every possible standalone pre-amp available for under $1000.00.

I can't tell you enough how grateful I am that these true professionals have taken
their time to help me and so many others with a tremendously difficult purchasing decision.

Now if I can just find a free 120V power cable. heh
Old 17th August 2007
Here for the gear

Would anyone who owns a BG No. 8 tell me which side the DSUB connector is on if you're looking at the rear? Better yet, does anyone have a picture of the rear of a BG NO. 8?

I want to build a multi channel snake cable that will run from my fireface to the BG No. 8 (which I am going to purchase) and would like the to keep the cable as short as possible just to be free of any extra loose cable.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

We use DAV BG1 here for location recording.

I like the equipment enormously - I know that it is credited with creating a big sound, but I believe its great strength lies in the fact that it simply amplifies what the microphone is giving out, without mucking it up. I find that there is an over emphasis of high frequency with quite a number of mic pres, giving a false "impression" of transparency.
You can trust the DAV to sound good - and honest - on just about everything, there is no taboo for it, or instruments to avoid - that's what I've found anyway. A well balanced, well rounded amplification of the microphone, with no over-hyped high frequency. The high frequency is there, just not given any more emphasis than is its due.
I've made this point on another thread somewhere, because I feel it's quite an important point to make.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search