The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Has anyone figured out how to get an MKH series mic to fit properly in a rode blimp?
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear

Has anyone figured out how to get an MKH series mic to fit properly in a rode blimp?

I'm running an MKH 8040 + MKH 30 p48 in MS config on a rode blimp (I needed the flexibility of using multiple configs so I went with the blimp over the rycote).

Anyways, the MKH is slab sided and it always leans to one side on the rycote lyre, I'm sure its not a huge deal but my conscious won't let it be. Has anyone figured out how to get this mic to stay up straight?
Old 18th August 2020
Lives for gear
Mount the 30 on the bottom and clip the 8040 to the top
Align the capsules
Should balance vertical
Show us a pic
Roger
Old 18th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schubird View Post
I'm running an MKH 8040 + MKH 30 p48 in MS config on a rode blimp (I needed the flexibility of using multiple configs so I went with the blimp over the rycote).

Anyways, the MKH is slab sided and it always leans to one side on the rycote lyre, I'm sure its not a huge deal but my conscious won't let it be. Has anyone figured out how to get this mic to stay up straight?
You know that there are specific Rycote clips to accomodate the MKH series in a zeppelin, and even a specific clip, made by Sennheiser, for setting a pair of MKH mics up in the proper M/S alignment?

D.
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone figured out how to get an MKH series mic to fit properly in a rode blimp?-download.jpeg  
📝 Reply