The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
How to setup two SSL Alphalinks with Mardiexteme pcie
Old 6th July 2020
Here for the gear

How to setup two SSL Alphalinks with Mardiexteme pcie

Hello!
Anyone out there, who knows how to setup two SSL Alphalinks cards? The first card is working fine, but on the second card I cant get any input signal from the preamp? The SSL software says that both cards are locked to Mardiextreme pcie card. I send the signal from preamp to analog input, and output to madiextreme pcie card.
But the problem is that icant get any input signal on my second alphalink. I want to use it for 8 more inputs.
/Daniel
Old 7th July 2020
Just to be clear, you have two Alphalink converters connected via MADI to two separate MADIExtrememe64 PCIE Cards? At what sample rates are you operating?
All the best,
mark
Old 7th July 2020
Lives for gear
The problem will be codes to activate the software. SSL no longer supports those cards. At least that's the case with my MX4 cards that is newer than that card.
Old 8th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum View Post
The problem will be codes to activate the software. SSL no longer supports those cards. At least that's the case with my MX4 cards that is newer than that card.
This is an issue on Mac, on PC the drivers for the MadiExtreme cards work fine.

All the best,
Mark
Old 8th July 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegentdrum View Post
The MadiXtreme does not have DSP so it does not have license codes. It's just a straight-thru ASIO, unlike the MX4.

OP should note if he's PC or Mac.
📝 Reply