The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sonosax ad8+ and Merging Anubis
Old 17th November 2019
Sonosax ad8+ and Merging Anubis

Hi!

Does anyone have any insight if this will work :

A setup with a small POE switch connecting two MacBooks (one back-up) , a Sonosax AD8+ (or two) fitted with the forthcoming Dantecard and a Merging Anubis?

I am looking into a small portable remote classical recording rig. I like the sonosax preamps and the Anubis looks like a nice unit for monitors/headphones++ . Is there any app/driver/box that will make these units and Pro Tools talk to each other running 96 kHz? ( Ravenna AES67 - Dante )

It would be handy to have a local monitoring section ( Anubis ) and just running a cat6 with audio and POE to the Sonosax on stage.

(PS : Anybody know if I will be able to control gain on the AD8+ thru the wired cat cable on the new Dante card or is it strickly Wifi? Anyone testet the Wifi range on the AD8+?)
Old 17th November 2019
I accomplished a similar setup with a Grace Design m108 with Dante card at stage level and Focusrite Red interface for monitoring and talkback remotely. The Grace is handy because it also has a headphone amp.

I got so sick and tired of hauling and coiling multichannel snakes at remote venues. But it's not running POE so I'm still dependent on 120V AC.
Old 18th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizziness View Post
I accomplished a similar setup with a Grace Design m108 with Dante card at stage level and Focusrite Red interface for monitoring and talkback remotely. The Grace is handy because it also has a headphone amp.

I got so sick and tired of hauling and coiling multichannel snakes at remote venues. But it's not running POE so I'm still dependent on 120V AC.
Thank you for the reply. The grace interface looks like a great solution for you
Old 19th November 2019
I don't think the AD8+ is intended to be controlled via DANTE. (And yes, the pres are wonderful!)

It should be possible to have the ANEMAN network talk to the DANTE network, but I would see if you can test it on your computer / your stuff before committing the funds to make that your go-to set-up. Or perhaps get an AD8+, then demo an Anubis to see if it'll work the way you want. If it isn't a fit, just go another controller.
Old 19th November 2019
AES67 only works at 48kHz for the time being. So you would be limited to that. Also not sure if Sonosax Dante is AES 67 compatible.
Old 19th November 2019
LvE
Here for the gear

I think one of the factors is size.
If you look for example at the OEM boards for Ravenna:
https://www.ravenna-network.com/adop...oem-solutions/

You have to cramp that into a recorder/preamp. This involves of course a lot of (re)design. I imagine that the Sonosax devices have a lot of free space available since they are already pretty small.

If it would be possible I'd not be against still relatively small external devices that you could attach to your recorder via RJ45 that does the conversion externally.
Old 23rd November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumleymusic View Post
AES67 only works at 48kHz for the time being. So you would be limited to that. Also not sure if Sonosax Dante is AES 67 compatible.
Thanks. That is important info
Old 18th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorseHorse View Post

It should be possible to have the ANEMAN network talk to the DANTE network, but I would see if you can test it on your computer / your stuff before committing the funds to make that your go-to set-up. .
Thank you for the reply. I will see if my dealer can set me up so i can test this as soon as sonosax have the Dante option working.
Old 18th December 2019
Lives for gear
Doug Tourtelot and I did some testing of Dante-AES67. More work to do, but we were able to pass signal from my Hapi to his JoeCo over Dante. Well do some more investigation after the new year. Check this thread:

Revenna to Dante Via AES67
Old 7th January 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanajim View Post
Doug Tourtelot and I did some testing of Dante-AES67. More work to do, but we were able to pass signal from my Hapi to his JoeCo over Dante. Well do some more investigation after the new year. Check this thread:

Revenna to Dante Via AES67
Thanks for link!
Old 23rd June 2020
Here for the gear

Hi !
I'm new to the site and my english ... google translat : - / Sorry.
Digiface Dante RME AES67 work at 192kHz no ?
Old 23rd June 2020
Here for the gear

For AD8+ / Specs :

AUDIO
8 channels 24-bit out (from SX-AD8+ to network)
Clocking: independent clock domain between Dante and SX-AD8+ (sync with ASRC)
Dante sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192k (16, 24, 32-bit) with pull-up support
AES67 capable

NETWORK
100 / 1000 Mbps
Class 1 IEEE 802.3af PoE
๐Ÿ“ Reply