The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Profile/SC48 glitching sounds in recording
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Profile/SC48 glitching sounds in recording

Hey all,

First off, sorry if this is not the correct place for this thread. If there's a better one let me know!

I recently received a bunch of mutlitracks from my FOH friend that I'm going to mix. I can't remember if he said he's using an SC48 or a Profile, but I know he's using Waves Tracks live to record.

Upon listening to the all the audio files that were recording at the show, there seems to be a weird digital sounding glitch that happens every once in a while, on every single track at the same time. The glitch lasts from 0.5 sec to 1 sec at times. Here's a snippet of a key pad track that has the glitching I'm talking about (it's faint, but it's a hi-end digital fuzz sound that comes in and out): https://www.dropbox.com/s/gaf9zlclz4...sound.wav?dl=0

My friend has sent me a handful of shows worth of audio, and they all have this sound. I haven't imported these files into any DAW to keep it from being a sample rate issue while converting on my end.

Has anyone had this issue before while recording with a Profile or a SC48? Any idea what would cause this? Apologies for not having all of my FOH friend's setup info. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by GSGuitarest; 3 weeks ago at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Corrected link
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
It sounds like your friend perhaps did not sync his recorder and console. Digital clocking, master/slave, etc... digital audio 101 at this point. : (

Unfortunately if that's the case there's no way to fix it.

Your Dropbox link is broken.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hey Brew,

Thanks for your reply. That's along the lines I was thinking as well

I also just updated the link so it should work now
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Fortunately, the sample does not sound like a clock error.

It sounds like a gear issue.

You'd need an audio forensic tool like Renovator to attempt to remove it, it might be possible, but you'd have to address each one manually.

http://www.algorithmix.com/en/renovator.htm
Old 3 weeks ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSGuitarest View Post
Hey all,

First off, sorry if this is not the correct place for this thread. If there's a better one let me know!
The best place for this thread is in this sub-forum, the 'All Things Technical' area. Just wanted you to know!

We also have a sub-forum for Jobs & Referrals called, *****, Crew & Musician Jobs & Referrals.'

And, of course the 'Mobile & Location Rigs' sub-forum where you can discuss mobile units and portable rigs of all sizes and workflow concepts.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search