The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sennheiser HD600 vs HD650
Old 5th June 2008 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
And if anyone is interested - the HD650 cable also fits the HD600 and HD580.
Indeed, and while you're at it make this upgrade, which sounds much better and is much sturdier than the stock cable.

Cardas Cable for Senn HD580, HD600 & HD650 (10ft) @ HeadRoom - Right Between Your Ears
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willett View Post
All the parts are replaceable if you have damaged anything.

And if anyone is interested - the HD650 cable also fits the HD600 and HD580.
Yes i know they have spare parts, anyways i decided to see how a driver would be replaced and stumbled upon a sort of plastic bubble that was dented like a tweeter kind off.

So i took my vacuumcleaner and popped it right out

Going to see if this fixes my problem, would be awesome since i love these cans thumbsup
Lives for gear

The heavier weight cable will have no sonic benefit, and the weak point on those cables is really the connectors inside the cans (I have been able to fix them in a pinch). A heavier cable weighs down the headphones, which is fatiguing.

Plus for $185 you could buy a whole nother set of good cans!

Further listening, with good headphone amps to be sure, and I have still never found a pair of headphones I'd call "reference" in the slightest. None of them remotely compare to high-end monitors. But some of them can serve as a reference for low-end vs. a poor monitoring setup...and for this I prefer Ultrasone Proline 750. Even though those sound pretty poor in general.

I dislike the K701 and i think AKG is pretty much a lost company at this point.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggeh View Post
Yes i know they have spare parts, anyways i decided to see how a driver would be replaced and stumbled upon a sort of plastic bubble that was dented like a tweeter kind off.

So i took my vacuumcleaner and popped it right out

Going to see if this fixes my problem, would be awesome since i love these cans thumbsup
Vaccum cleaners are too brutal...the best approach to realigning an impacted driver is with some semi-sticky tape.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeder View Post
Vaccum cleaners are too brutal...the best approach to realigning an impacted driver is with some semi-sticky tape.
Yeah i'm aware of that so i used the lowest power setting on the vacuumcleaner and i was really quick(still not good i know), in any case it seems fixed now
Old 6th February 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

sennheiser hd650

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
I'd be curious too

I hear the 650's are built more robustly, and have less cable noise....

I have seen the 600's for $239, and occasionally NEW 650's (not refurb'd) for $299, free shipping....

anyone else seen better prices?

Where did you find these prices?
Old 6th February 2011 | Show parent
Here for the gear

I own both, listen and compared do prefer the 650, find the 600 a little bright for my liking. Got the Stefan Audio Art Equinox cable on the 650 and a nice chinese headphone imported amp which is very natural sound. you get very true, tight sound, with a very good stereo image.

Nathan
Old 14th November 2014
Lives for gear

I really like my HD 650s for listening...but I wouldn't mix with them. They sound too good, haha!
Old 14th November 2014
Lives for gear
I record on HD25II and edit on HD800,I also listen on 600 and 650
All very good and fully replaceable if bits are damaged on the road
Its quite magical the difference between 25 and 800 , both have their excellent place in essential devices for field recording.
Old 15th November 2014 | Show parent
you should check out the "HD600 Impressions" thread on head-fi.org if you're interested in headphones. i love gs for a lot of things, but these guys are deep into headphone technology, comparisons, upgrades, etc.
Old 15th November 2014
Lives for gear
They don't use cans as tools, like location recordists
It some sort of web collecting mania
Old 17th November 2014 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo 46 View Post
I record on HD25II and edit on HD800,I also listen on 600 and 650
All very good and fully replaceable if bits are damaged on the road
Its quite magical the difference between 25 and 800 , both have their excellent place in essential devices for field recording.
Agreed - I do exactly the same (except my "HD 600" are the "HD 580 Jubilee" which preceded them - the Jubulee were a Limited Edition of just 4,000 that was so successful that Sennheiser changed the name to HD 600 and gave them a different paint job - otherwise they are the same )
Old 20th November 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Just got HD 800 (after using HD650 for few years). The sound of HD 800 is quite in different level than HD 650 - more details, 3D, space, bass ... HD 650 sound a bit 2D and less distinguished in clarity, instrument placement etc. comparing to HD800. Big upgrade for me (of course, it is in different price tag too ...).
Old 21st November 2014 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo 46 View Post
They don't use cans as tools, like location recordists
It some sort of web collecting mania
that's a narrow-minded view in my opinion. there's a lot of information to be gleaned from a community of headphone audiophiles. i don't see it as a "web collecting mania" any more than some threads here on gs.
Old 21st November 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

The Senn HD800 is well worth the price! I'm not an unconditional
Sennheiser fan, but those headphones are state-of-the-art for monitoring or even just listening to music. Compared with other headphones I've tried
(I haven't compared them with Stax) they have a more balanced frequency response and create a clearer illusion of an ensemble in a space in front of you.
Old 25th November 2014 | Show parent
Super Moderator

I must say, I'm very pleased with my pair of HD800 headphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracu View Post
The Senn HD800 is well worth the price! I'm not an unconditional
Sennheiser fan, but those headphones are state-of-the-art for monitoring or even just listening to music. Compared with other headphones I've tried
(I haven't compared them with Stax) they have a more balanced frequency response and create a clearer illusion of an ensemble in a space in front of you.
Old 25th November 2014 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
I must say, I'm very pleased with my pair of HD800 headphones.
I have to say that the HD800 are, for me, one of the few pieces of "equipment" I really got excited about again after many years. We often talk about noticeable differences and subtle changes, but boy, do these cans sounds great...!
📝 Reply