The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VOIP
Old 7th October 2019
Gear Maniac

VOIP

Looking to replace the POTS system in my studio with something VOIP that will give me better quality. I am recording podcasts, and we interview a lot of people remotely. Curious what people are using for this these days. One of our hosts is also remote - so far he has been calling in via phone and recording his end - we then sync it up in post. Would love to get a better connection going so that we don't have to tape sync anymore. Anyone have any thoughts on a good place to start?
Old 8th October 2019
Super Moderator

In the future, please post questions like this in the appropriate sub-forum.

In this case. 'All Things Technical' is the right location.
Old 9th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoteness View Post
In the future, please post questions like this in the appropriate sub-forum.

In this case. 'All Things Technical' is the right location.
Gotcha. I would have had no idea all things technical would be the right place, but feel free to move the post!
Old 9th October 2019
Super Moderator

It is. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSMUSIC View Post
Gotcha. I would have had no idea all things technical would be the right place, but feel free to move the post!
Old 23rd October 2019
Gear Maniac

Wow, nothing?
Old 23rd October 2019
Lives for gear
Or not wow. This is an acoustic/classical music recording forum.

There is not much broadcast, ENG, or podcast-style remote/OB comms going on here.

The subject matter of this forum generally happens in the same physical location.

Idk, Source Connect, FaceTime, Hangouts? Kinda depends on the skill level of your guest.
Old 23rd October 2019
Super Moderator

Here we go again! This is exactly what I've been talking about for years.

I bet you think you're doing folks a favor.

THIS IS NOT JUST AN ACOUSTIC/CLASSICAL MUSIC FORUM!

PLEASE CONSIDER NOT PUSHING OUR GOOD AND VALUABLE MEMBERS AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!

THERE ARE INDEED BROADCAST, ENG, OB, ETC. PLUS ALL FORMS OF MUSIC GENRE AND WORKFLOW CONCEPT TOPICS DISCUSSED HERE.

I STARTED THIS FORUM WITH AN ALL-INCLUSIVE MINDSET. THOSE EXACT TOPICS AND MANY MORE ARE WELCOMED IN THIS FORUM!

...then, to be more inclusive, I added the acoustic/classical music folks to the title as an open invitation. Now it seems like you think it's only about those individuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Or not wow. This is an acoustic/classical music recording forum.

There is not much broadcast, ENG, or podcast-style remote/OB comms going on here.

The subject matter of this forum generally happens in the same physical location.

Idk, Source Connect, FaceTime, Hangouts? Kinda depends on the skill level of your guest.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search