The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Merging Anubis
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbonmicguy View Post
@ thermos

I see that you're selling your MADA after you get this anubis.

is it THAT good? (i am using a MADA and thinking of buying the anubis to simplify my setup.
I haven’t abed yet. I just need something smaller and a great head amp right now.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em2016 View Post
Also a general question for others - anyone using Anubis with digital room correction?

Which software are you using?
I use Anubis together with Acourate, correction program.
Mainly to make the very best XO between my electrostatic speakers and 2 towers of 12" bass speakers.

I have never heard such a smooth filtering before.

Jorgen
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgen skadhauge View Post
I use Anubis together with Acourate, correction program.
Mainly to make the very best XO between my electrostatic speakers and 2 towers of 12" bass speakers.

I have never heard such a smooth filtering before.

Jorgen
Oh very cool, thanks for replying!

So you are using 4 x channels output of Anubis and Acourate can see these 4 independent Anubis channels, for the measurements and creating the filters ?

And what software do you have working to play to Anubis?

Are you using the Acourate Convolver program or a separate program?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head
By the way guys, I bought pair of Earthworks ZDT521 few days ago.
Here's the file below with 50 ohm and 150 ohm resistor connected to pin 2-3 of the input on the amp side and connected to LineInput on Anubis.(0dB)
it's very quiet and freaked out.

And I've already ordered the ADA8P, but it's still going to take some time.
I can't wait to record something with this combo.

I'm hoping they lift the high alert soon.
Attached Files

60dB_150ohm.wav (1.28 MB, 379 views)

40and60dB-50ohm.wav (2.11 MB, 384 views)

Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Oh very cool, thanks for replying!

So you are using 4 x channels output of Anubis and Acourate can see these 4 independent Anubis channels, for the measurements and creating the filters ?

And what software do you have working to play to Anubis?

Are you using the Acourate Convolver program or a separate program?
Let me say that before buying the Anubis/Acourate I had worries if this setup should work.....
I use mostly Qobuz hirez streaming. As player I use Audirvana where I can choose between local files or streamming services a la Qobuz, Tidal ....
In Audirvana I choose as output "AcourateAsio" which here means an internal connection to AcourateConvolver which here is connected to the Merging Anubis soundcard, et voila! - if you have Jriver this should work as well, but as far as I know not with Qobuz.
Yes right now only 4 ch, but I think if you have a 4way speaker and want XO for 4 ch made with Acourate, you could get 8 ch out of Anubis, using the headphone output as well, a bit plugtricky but it should work.
All in the PC connections are using Asio files, and one of the very nice things is the cool management Aneman organisation.
By the way if you are into hirez, I receive Qobuz on WIFI, my Anubis is connected direct from the PC Ethernet plug and in Audirvana I upscale 2x, Acourate works up to 192khz but does not understand DSD.
So maybe not worth the Premium version. Well just in case.......normally the premium cards are a bit better.......
If I dont want any XO or other filtering, I play direct from Audirvana direct to Anubis, and this way it is possible to play DSD files.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Let me say that before buying the Anubis/Acourate I had worries if this setup should work.....
I use mostly Qobuz hirez streaming. As player I use Audirvana where I can choose between local files or streamming services a la Qobuz, Tidal ....
In Audirvana I choose as output "AcourateAsio" which here means an internal connection to AcourateConvolver which here is connected to the Merging Anubis soundcard, et voila! - if you have Jriver this should work as well, but as far as I know not with Qobuz.
Yes right now only 4 ch, but I think if you have a 4way speaker and want XO for 4 ch made with Acourate, you could get 8 ch out of Anubis, using the headphone output as well, a bit plugtricky but it should work.
All in the PC connections are using Asio files, and one of the very nice things is the cool management Aneman organisation.
By the way if you are into hirez, I receive Qobuz on WIFI, my Anubis is connected direct from the PC Ethernet plug and in Audirvana I upscale 2x, Acourate works up to 192khz but does not understand DSD.
So maybe not worth the Premium version. Well just in case.......normally the premium cards are a bit better.......
If I dont want any XO or other filtering, I play direct from Audirvana direct to Anubis, and this way it is possible to play DSD files.
I have 2 computers connected through a Cisco switch. This way I can stream audio through the Anubis and my music computer that I use for recording vinyl never has to be connected to the internet.

Qobuz is the only streaming service that directly connected to Anubis. All the others had to use the VB-audio asio bridge, you can read about it several pages back. Jriver does play my DSD files nicely they come up as DXD in the Ravenna driver window.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks Jorgen !

Just 2 more questions if it's ok.

1) for taking measurements in Acourate measurement program:

Was it easy to make Acourate 'see' the 4 channels of Anubis inside the Acourate measurement program? Can you show any screenshot of how Anubis appears inside the Acourate measurement program, for your 4 channels.

And what settings did you need to do in Anubis itself, for Acourate measurement program to be able to properly see 4 channels?

2) for music playback:
Does the AcourateConvolver program support automatic sample rate changing?

I know you mentioned that you have Audirvana upsampling everything to 192kHz but if you disable this upsampling (just for quick test): when you play 44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k Qobuz music (from Audirvana), does AcourateConvlver show the correct 'incoming sample rate'?
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Thanks Jorgen !

Just 2 more questions if it's ok.

1) for taking measurements in Acourate measurement program:

Was it easy to make Acourate 'see' the 4 channels of Anubis inside the Acourate measurement program? Can you show any screenshot of how Anubis appears inside the Acourate measurement program, for your 4 channels.

And what settings did you need to do in Anubis itself, for Acourate measurement program to be able to properly see 4 channels?

2) for music playback:
Does the AcourateConvolver program support automatic sample rate changing?

I know you mentioned that you have Audirvana upsampling everything to 192kHz but if you disable this upsampling (just for quick test): when you play 44.1k/48k/88.2k/96k Qobuz music (from Audirvana), does AcourateConvlver showAc the correct 'incoming sample rate'?
Hi em2016, let me have your email adresse!
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Rider View Post
I have 2 computers connected through a Cisco switch. This way I can stream audio through the Anubis and my music computer that I use for recording vinyl never has to be connected to the internet.

Qobuz is the only streaming service that directly connected to Anubis. All the others had to use the VB-audio asio bridge, you can read about it several pages back. Jriver does play my DSD files nicely they come up as DXD in the Ravenna driver window.
Do you think its a problem having the music computer on the internet?

I am aware of the VB-audio, but do not really need this I guess.
Normally Qobuz sounds better through Audirvana than direct on the Qobuz player, do not ask why?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Do you think its a problem having the music computer on the internet?

I am aware of the VB-audio, but do not really need this I guess.
Normally Qobuz sounds better through Audirvana than direct on the Qobuz player, do not ask why?
I guess it doesn't have to be. I just prefer it this way, no virus protection nor do I worry about windows updates a couple times a year I log on and do the updates after I make a image backup in case something goes bad.

I thought about getting Audirvana glad to hear it's an improvement overall. At the end of the day and after I got over the newness of streaming in general I realized all the time I have to listen to music recording, processing and listening to needle drops. The other thing I wanted to use Qobuz for was previewing vinyl I may buy on musicstack.com I found YouTube to be the best for that.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search