The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Merging Anubis
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
and if you setup 2.1ch system as vkey_[n]
it appears here.(attached pic)
tap it to switch your configured settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Merging Anubis-vkey.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Does anybody know wether or not it's possible to listen to Youtube with the Anubis? With other USB/Thunderbolt interfaces it's a piece of cake to establish this.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skriabin View Post
Does anybody know wether or not it's possible to listen to Youtube with the Anubis? With other USB/Thunderbolt interfaces it's a piece of cake to establish this.
Only an ASIO driver exists. A good solution is to use another simple non-pro interface for YouTube and Windows audio.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
For Mac OS ANUBIS shows up as a regular Core Audio device and everything, down to system sounds, runs through the DAC.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
On Windows, you can use ‘Voicemeeter’ to route windows audio to your Anubis. Not ideal, but it works...
https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/
Old 3 weeks ago
TLS
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by over-man View Post
On Windows, you can use ‘Voicemeeter’ to route windows audio to your Anubis. Not ideal, but it works...
https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/
And being that the drivers aren't multi-client you can only use that solution if the DAW etc isn't open.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS View Post
And being that the drivers aren't multi-client you can only use that solution if the DAW etc isn't open.
That's actually not true. Voicemeeter is the single "virtual" ASIO device that interfaces with the Anubis, then Voicemeeter handles all of the internal routing of audio from each program to the its virtual bus. Right now I have a browser with YouTube, Reaper, and Premiere Pro running at the same time, and the audio works fine as I bounce around programs. You just have to select Voicemeeter as the audio device in Windows and in each program.
Old 3 weeks ago
TLS
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by over-man View Post
That's actually not true. Voicemeeter is the single "virtual" ASIO device that interfaces with the Anubis, then Voicemeeter handles all of the internal routing of audio from each program to the its virtual bus. Right now I have a browser with YouTube, Reaper, and Premiere Pro running at the same time, and the audio works fine as I bounce around programs. You just have to select Voicemeeter as the audio device in Windows and in each program.
And what additional latency does that solution add? Merging need to simply write better drivers rather than relying on 3rd party workarounds.
Old 3 weeks ago
TLS
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakinrecords View Post
I think they’ve been busy creating some of the best converters for pro audio applications and not for watching YouTube.
What about trying to use the DAW + iZotope RX simultaneously? There's no question that their drivers are sub-standard compared to nearly every other solution on the market. Their latency/performance is worse than other AoIP hardware, there is no native WDM support, and they are not multi-client. These days it doesn't matter how great the hardware is if it is let down by the software.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
There's no question that their drivers are sub-standard compared to nearly every other solution on the market. Their latency/performance is worse than other AoIP hardware, there is no native WDM support, and they are not multi-client. These days it doesn't matter how great the hardware is if it is let down by the software.
Good point. Perhaps find another interface that suits your needs. There are plenty to choose from.

"All I want is the perfect interface .."
Old 3 weeks ago
TLS
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Spearritt View Post
Good point. Perhaps find another interface that suits your needs. There are plenty to choose from.

"All I want is the perfect interface .."
No interface is perfect. Anubis was great on paper but the driver support really let it down. I had to return it and get something which can actually handle the low latency and stability needed for modern music mixing/production. I hope they figure it out though as I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it had drivers on par with other offerings out there.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
No interface is perfect. Anubis was great on paper but the driver support really let it down. I had to return it and get something which can actually handle the low latency and stability needed for modern music mixing/production. I hope they figure it out though as I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it had drivers on par with other offerings out there.
How about Antelope AMARI?
it is in my friend studio.
I think it is the best of one DAC / ADC product at the moment.
and ideal for your purpose.

if you want to handle signals as RAVENNA, Audinate Dante AVIO AES3 is compatible to it.

but AMARI is very expenive. so expensive.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by INARI View Post
How about Antelope AMARI?
it is in my friend studio.
I think it is the best of one DAC / ADC product at the moment.
and ideal for your purpose.

if you want to handle signals as RAVENNA, Audinate Dante AVIO AES3 is compatible to it.

but AMARI is very expenive. so expensive.
I have the Antelope Amari as well. I only tested the DA conversion so far, but it's really AMAZING! Best DA converter at the moment and I tested a lot of DA converters lately.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
I have the Antelope Amari as well. I only tested the DA conversion so far, but it's really AMAZING! Best DA converter at the moment and I tested a lot of DA converters lately.
Googled it and it looks great. I might have thought about it but I have to Anubis now. How does the Antelope sound compared to the Anubis?
The more I use the Anubis the more I like it. I read the few posts about the poor drivers. The only issues I have had is there is lag time when I switch files. So if I'm comparing two files it can be annoying. So it's not a deal breaker.
I love how the big knob works. I'm working out how to best use the denoise in RX and I can turn the knob one good turn up and I can hear the very low levels.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
https://confluence.merging.com/pages...ageId=45449312
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Spearritt View Post
That is kind of cool. I wish they would make multi client drivers. I still like my USB Dante AVIO adapter since i don’t need to disable it to use a daw.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

And what about the latency on mac os? IS It work with the same drops and glitches as asio on windows or better? Can Anubis Premium ver. record and play 384 khz on mac os with samplitude pro x 4 now? Can premium version record dsd with the latest updates?

Last edited by Ainhaya; 1 week ago at 03:17 PM..
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

OPss. Sam pro x has no version for Os x.
So I can't work at 384 and higher on any Daw instead of Pyramix on Osx. On windows Sonar and Sam pro x 4 can work at 384khz
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search