The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Live Vocal Effects
Old 31st January 2007
Here for the gear

Talking Live Vocal Effects

Good morning all. I am the lead throat for a metal band (Fatal Corruption). We are somewhere in between hardcore and death metal, and I'm looking for something to spice up some of the softer stuff we do. I have no idea what to look for as the only thing i think is close to what I'm looking for is the digitech vx series (which I recently found out will not work for stage preformances). One of the "effects" I'm thinking of is the hallow, echoey reverb you would hear on a tool or deftones record. I was looking at the TC voiceworks, but I'm not quite sure if that would do what I want. I know multi effects units for guitars are mostly crap as, the more effects, the cheaper they sound, but I'd like to have extra stuff to play around with, even if it's only drunken tinkering, and not for practical use. I would lie something in a rack unit with a pedal (ala the TC), and I don't have tons of money to throw into this (baby on the way) but would spend as much as necessary to get the job done. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 31st January 2007
Lives for gear

forget about doing it your self, its the FOH enginears job just tell them what you want.
Old 31st January 2007

For live work, a used SPX90 will go a long way. But you should let the guy mixing the house turn it on and off....

-tINY

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search