The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ultimate clamps??
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Nut

Question Ultimate clamps??

I'm searching for what I've known as 'Ultimate Clamps.' I believe they were made by Ultimate Support, but I can't find any info anywhere. They had an L shaped bar about 9" long, with 3/8 threads on each end, so they needed adapters, and a big clamp in the middle that could be repositioned on the bar. I used to get them from NYC theatre shops with wireless packages for the paddles, and were the greatest thing since sliced bread - you could put them anywhere, and were completely configurable. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I fear these have been discontinued.

Thanks!

-Dave
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Not Ultimate!

if you get them from NYC theatre shops, you're talking about a very specific clamp.

They are made by K&M. That's a model 240/5.

http://www.k-m.de/Mic-holders.3+M597694217a3.0.html

Right?

Hope this helps.

Jim
Old 19th January 2007
Old 19th January 2007
Here for the gear

I just a Google search on this model and didn't find much in the way of N.A. dealers, if that's where you're located. I didn't do the dealer search on K&M's site, so maybe they are commonly available here. Depending on what exactly the application is, you might find the Bogen/Manfrotto Superclamp easier/faster to locate. Two can be easily joined together to achieve most angles and there are extension arms. You can often find used ones on ebay, though there are knockoffs, too, that I can't vouch for. Just a thought.
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Nut

Awesome, thanks Jim and Pan! That's exactly what I was looking for. I mistakenly thought they were made by Ultimate, who I believe used to, or maybe still does distribute K&M in the US - didn't think to look there.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search