The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

One of Alesis's first drum machines. With 49 sounds including 10 kicks, 7 snares and a complete ethnic set all of which are 16 bit samples this drum machine is a great bargain! Its partner in crime is the MMT-8 sequencer. But the HR-16 has its own sequencer with 100 patterns and 100 songs available. The drum tones can be tuned, have individual level controls for mixing, and there is 16 voice polyphony which means up to 16 drum tones can be used within a pattern. Patterns are programmed in either step or real-time. With external click inputs and Midi, the HR-16 is capable of integrating your older drum machines or sequencers with Midi systems!

Discussions

Which drum machines do you own?

I once had a small army... Alesis HR16 Alesis HR16B Oberheim DMX Roland TR606 Roland TR707 Roland TR727 Roland TR808 Roland TR909 But now have a special forces unit... Akai MPC 2000xl connected to EMU-E4 Ultra An 808 would be lovely to have again...

View Post

dear sample pack creators: we dont need drumpacks anymore!!!!

please stop releasing "new" drumpacks when the content is only ripped from samples.kb6.de i cant take this anymore, really! always the same ****ty 909 kicks and some from the hr16. and stop tellin us "we used our drum machines and special outboard gear". its a lie! you dont own any drum machines, you dont own any special hardware.

View Post

Is there a mix-device that let's you group it's inputs into 8 separate outputs?

...it's built in recorder to record to thumb drives. I use a second set of bus outputs to feed a Zoom HR16 recorder. And the 3rd set to feed a USB interface with 8 inputs for recording. In addition to the XLR and Line Inputs on the front for each channel, the Mackie 8 bus has...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?