The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

classic Alesis drum-sound module for drummers, programmers, producers, and anyone else who needs great-sounding drums and percussion. DM5 contains 540 stereo, 18-bit drum sounds that can be assigned to any of the 21 programmable drumsets. 12 trigger inputs enable DM5 to be used with all Alesis drum and cymbal pads, SURGE Cymbals, and the triggering devices from most other major manufacturers. DM5 also has full MIDI I/O so it can be used as a sound source for composing, programming, and sequencing with a wide variety of controllers including keyboards, pad triggers, MPCs, and more. Alesis' exclusive Dynamic Articulation™ technology modifies sample sounds so they change as you play them. This results in sounds that respond accurately not only to dynamic changes, but also with the appropriate timbral and color changes you'd expect from their acoustic counterparts. Our Random Sample feature also ensures you don't get the same sound twice for further creative realism. Built-in Alesis studio effects including reverb and ambiance ensure that you can send a complete, finished sound to the PA, recording system, and your headphones with no additional processing.

Discussions

Alesis DM5 MIDI Output

...switched to the MIDI position the software automatically recognized it. I am now trying to get a DM5 to work in place of my old unit with no luck. No matter what I do, I cant get the thing to output MIDI to where Nuendo will see it. It...

View Post

Hoarding gear

...much anymore...but anytime someone organizes a drum circle i get to break em out for a spell. I had an alexis DM5 drum machine that i didnt really like a few years ago...got the full kit with pads and it was sitting in the basement until a few months ago when my drummer wanted to...

View Post

Drum Machines without sequencers

To add to this: Alesis DM5 and Alesis DM Pro. The latter can even load samples! The (now discontinued) MFB Kult had a load of drum sounds as well. It does have a PLAY button, but that's for built-in demo patterns so it's more convenient to audition sounds. Having had a Drumstation I'd pick using a...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?