The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The Perception P420 is a multipattern large-diaphragm true condenser microphone for demanding professional studio recording applications. Offering high sensitivity and 155dB maximum SPL, the Perception P420 delivers a warm, transparent sound quality perfectly suited for ensemble recording, grand piano, woodwind and brass instruments, as well as drums and percussion. With three selectable polar patterns – cardioid, omnidirectional or figure-eight – it is an ideal tool for stereo miking techniques and ambient recording. The Perception P420 chassis is made of precision-tooled zinc/aluminum alloy with a dent-resistant stainless steel grille. It comes complete with a spider-type shock mount in an aluminum carrying case.

Discussions

Do i need good preamp?

Hello I am working on home studio. I have ProFire 610 (with mic preamp) Dbx 160 SL Mic - Akg perception 420 I want to buy good preamp for my mic and dbx. At this moment i am using the mic through profire preamp then i compress with dbx as insert from cubase. Does will have any change if i buy...

View Post

First mic choice - poll

Personally, i would choose either an Electro Voice RE20 or a Sennheiser MD421 over all the mics you mentioned. Id rather have a dynamic mic that excels at the thing that it does than a cheap condenser that is bad at imitating something much more expensive.

View Post

Own sm57/58.. buy MXL or save?

...directly to the customer unless you order big batches of mics. V67G would be single pattern. Go with the used AKG P420 or iSK BM-600 if you want multiple patterns and don't mind spending a bit more. But they're pretty similar otherwise, all U87 copies with 220 pF capacitors for the high frequency roll off...

View Post

Video Guides