The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Description

This Little Condenser Mic Rocks! The AKG P170 small-diaphragm condenser mic gives you the kind of quality performance and reliability you expect from AKG products, at an amazing value! The P170 works great for everything from drum overheads to acoustic instruments and ensembles, and at this price, it's easy to pick up a pair for stereo miking applications. This cardioid-pattern mic includes a 20dB pad, and its incredibly clear, accurate sound and durable construction make it perfect for any mic locker. Get AKG quality for a great price with the P170! Sweetwater is always looking to bring you quality and value, and the AKG P170 delivers both. P170 Small-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Mic Features at a Glance: Professional small-diaphragm, true condenser cardioid microphone Switchable 20dB preattenuation pad Heavy-duty, roadworthy, all-metal construction AKG sound quality Polar pattern: Cardioid Frequency range: 20Hz-20kHz Requires +48V phantom power

Discussions

Recording basketball sounds. What do I need?

...packs for purchase, but they didn't have what I was looking for. Here's what I currently got: RME Babyface (original); 1 AKG P170, 1 Shure Beta 57A, 1 Shure Beta 58A, 1 Sennheiser e602-II; 1 short mic stand. I don't wanna spend more than a grand on this. So if I can supplement what I already...

View Post

Alternatives to the classic SM57 for Snare Drum?

...Beyerdynamic M201TG 4. Neumann KM 184 5. sE Electronics V7 6. Audix i5 7. Sennheiser 421 8. Audio-Technica BP40 9. AKG C 451 B 10. Audio-Technica AE2300 11. AKG P170

View Post

Help me choose my next preamp and OH mics!

...and you're not ringing constantly... ...wear them at concerts too. Mics... If you run out of cash, you can just get another P170. They're cheap and you can sell it as a pair later, or use them as spot mics for hi-hats, ride, etc. The polar pattern looks decent considering you're probably going to...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides