The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

With the K550s, AKG engineers have struck a masterful balance between the noise-isolating qualities of closed-back headphones and the spacious, dimensional sound of an open-back design creating reference-class headphones ideal for private listening both at home and on the go. 50mm drivers, the largest in our product line, deliver great AKG sound from your hi-fi system or virtually any portable device.The large ear cups and new headband design ensure an amazingly comfortable fit, and the 2D-axis mechanism folds flat to stow or go.

Discussions

Closed back reference headphones

I´m mixing some house as many kids in my age (17) are doing, but I'm also mixing singer/songwriter with just like one or two acoustic guitars and my singer :) What do you think about the K-550? :)

View Post

MAY 2018 New Gear Thread

its beena while since ive been in this thread, just bought bunch of boring utility things,,, AKG K550 mk3 - closed phones for tracking. my dt770 have served very long and died. Samson Patch Pro - good reviews, we'll see if its POS. if goo,d i'll order 2 more. K&M mic stands, some midi...

View Post

Beyer DT 770 Cans: Flat Response or Bass Heavy?

I just realized this was a forum from 8 years ago. Whoops.... well if anyone is looking at this now, here ya go haha.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?