The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The K240 MKII professional over-ear, semi-open headphones are a long-time standard in studios, in orchestras and on stages around the world. Its advanced Varimotion 30 mm XXL transducers deliver solid low end, accurate mids and crystal-clear highs. The semi-open design provides the airiness of open headphones with the powerful bass response of closed designs. For more than three decades, professional engineers and musicians have made the K240 the most widely used headphones in studios and at live consoles around the world.

Discussions

How big is the difference in quality between AKG K240 and K701

Hello! As in the title. I'm willing to buy headphones for mixing and the winners right now are AKG K240 mkII. But since I can spend some more money I'm wondering if the AKG K701 are noticeably better and worth extra 100 pounds? So please anyone could you answer me are there any quality...

View Post

Show me your low end room

Here's my little low-end workplace. The most expensive thing here is the acoustic treatment! :lol: The audio chain is not that fancy: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 into PC running either Harrison Mixbus or Ardour and a couple of plugins on 64-bit Linux out to Yamaha HS50M and AKG K-240 MkII.

View Post

Microphone(s) for live recording

...be reasonable. Per Gearlutz link "Best pair of microphones for 300~400€ ". Many bargains on ebay. Headphones: new, still boxed AKG K240 bought too many years ago, ¼" connector. Tape: have several reels, new, given to me by a studio owner when we were living in DC; Quantegy GP9 and Quantegy 652 , Ampex 456. A77...

View Post