The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Best sounding/most versatile live vocal mic under £100?

...give me the best all round performance under £100. The various mics that I've heard great things about are :- AKG D5 Rode M1 EV nD767a EV PL44a EV PL80a/c Sennheiser E840 Sennheiser E845 Has anyone had any experience with two or more of these mics? The Shure SM58 has been a bit of a bench mark but I prefer my AKG D5 to...

View Post

Next step up for vocal mics - Telefunken M80, AKG D7, Senn E935/E945 or condenser?

...the proximity effect that doesn't happen with dynamics, so I'd only use them for singers with spot-on mic technique. The AKG D5 sounds good (although a bit grainy and present) and the D7 sounds great and detailed, but I have seen the D5's grille fall apart very quickly due to shoddy construction, so I'm reluctant...

View Post

Budget Dynamic Microphones

I second the AKG D5. Sounds amazing for 60$. Just a bit of handling noise...put it on a stand. That's assuming you have a way to plug a mic with a xlr cable to your computer (meaning an audio interface) If not..like the others said you need a USB mic : Microphones USB/Podcast – Thomann France

View Post

Video Guides

Product Description

The D5 professional dynamic vocal microphone for lead and backing vocals delivers a powerful sound even on the noisiest stage. Its frequency-independent supercardioid polar pattern ensures maximum gain before feedback. The D5 stands for a crisp sound that cuts through every mix. The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear the pristine sound of your voice!