The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

What cheap dynamic microphone for acoustic guitar? (no large diaphragms please)

SOLVED I went with the AKG D230, I'll post samples in the coming days. I've long been wanting a dynamic mic to record acoustic guitar with, for a different tonal flavour to my AKG C414 BULS and a Chinese active long ribbon mic (Golden Age). I'm recording a nice and balanced sounding OM. I'd like some recommendations...

View Post

The 635a is a really cool sounding mic on a lot of things. If one (or more) come up in Europe you should grab them. There is group of my friends who all have multiple 635a and we present on a panel each spring called "vintage recording techniques" where we do live to...

View Post

I'll provide some samples of the D230, but I don't have the other two. I have a C414 B-ULS, a Golden Age Active Ribbon, which is pretty noisy, and a Sennh. e945 handheld to compare it to. The 414 should give a decent contrast. I'll try to remember to make the comparison as soon as...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Product Description

The D230 is a rugged dynamic ENG microphone that delivers exceptional sensitivity and clarity. For decades it has been a standard in the demanding news-gathering field. Because of its omnidirectional pickup, it is insensitive to varying speech distances. An integrated windscreen efficiently reduces wind noise and plosives. The D230 features an extended shaft for easy placement of station flags without typical handling problems. The body is made of extremely rugged die-cast metal with a nonreflective surface for low-profile on-camera operation.

• Omnidirectional polar pattern for unchanged sound at varying speech distances
  • Rugged all-metal body for heavy-duty use and longest lifetime
  • Integrated windscreen - minimizes wind noise and plosives
  • Extended microphone shaft for ease of handling