The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Discussion Highlights

Current production microphone closest to AKG D12?

Just had my first experience with the D12VR and.... No. For more natural inside kick sounds (if there is such a thing) RE20 or M88. I also like the Shure 313 ribbon.

View Post

How to get this drum sound with my gear. I'll post clips

...have to use on this, apart from the obvious 57s etc, will be Brauner VM-1 2 x 4038s 3 x Earthworks SR16 D12VR Beta 91a Shure KMS8 2 M201s 2 Bruel and Kjaer (different models slightly) 2x 414 XLs Silver 414 with C12 capsule 2x 421 Vintage U87 Neve 33609 2 x Urie 1176 Avalon 747 Avalon 2055 Pre amps are Neve 4081 Heritage 73 Great River 500nv lots of ISAs Aphex 1178 which...

View Post

How to get this drum sound with my gear. I'll post clips

Sounds like lots of sampling and loops made I suspect with a drummer

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides

Product Description

The AKG D12 VR is a large-diaphragm cardioid dynamic microphone. Designed specifically for kick-drum recording applications, the microphone has a thin diaphragm to enhance the low frequency performance. Without phantom power, the microphone delivers the pure character of the sound source. With phantom power enabled, one of three switchable active-filter presets can be used to quickly adapt the microphone response to suit the desired kick-drum sound. The filter setting can be controlled using a switch on the microphone body. In this mode the output level is also reduced by 10 dB automatically.