The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Short shotgun of highly stable performance. As a result of combining the gradient and interference principles, it has a frequency independent characteristic and features a narrow angle of acceptance. Its medium-distance reache makes for a clear emphasis on the desired sound sources. Together with FET pre-amplifiers C451 or C 452 the CK 8 is highly suitable for TV and film sound-track recording for stage use, reporting and field work as well as for multi-track recording studios where good instrument separation is desired without acoustical screening of performers. Since the distance between the diaphragm and the sound entrance is relatively great in the CK 8, vocalists on stage can use it rather close to the mounth without creating pop effects. Tech Specs - Freq. range 30 to 18000 Hz +or- 2dB from published curve - Hyper cardioid polar pattern

Discussions

is this a CK-1 capsule?

I took apart a CK8 shotgun capsule awhile ago, and this looks like what was inside. I remember the open end with screen like that, but I don't remember if the side vent patterns were like that or not... it was too long ago, sorry!

View Post

Modern equivalent of AKG C60 SDC tube mics?

...one on a C28a for a poor man's C12 . It sounded good, but nothing like my C12's... BTW the Ck8 is the short shotgun and the ck9 is the long one. For an intermediate approach the ck26/28 even on a 451 body or better on a 460 with the adaptor sound much more like...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?