The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

The C518 professional miniature clamp-on microphone is the ultimate tool for recording of drums and percussion. Its cardioid polar pattern rejects overspill from nearby instruments. A continuously adjustable vise-type clamp makes it easy to fix the microphone securely on the rim of drums or percussion instruments. A special snap-on stabilizer keeps the gooseneck in a defined position.

Discussions

AKG C518 ML Phantom Power or Battery Pack?

...am a total Noob when it comes to drum microphones and microphones in general, but I recently bought a clip-on AKG C518 ML to use on my snare drum and I realize that because it is a condenser mic, it needs power, but my question is Do I have to use a separate battery...

View Post

Violin and Acoustic Guitar Live?

...the violin and I was thinking of one of 3 options in terms of mics: Single Rode M5, SM57 or AKG C518 clip on. I suggested the clip on mic to my girlfriend so she can move about (I use it for live sax all the time) but she assured me she doesn't move much...

View Post

Violin and Acoustic Guitar Live?

I've played music for hundreds of weddings and have rarely had to use sound reinforcement in low ambient sound environments indoors, so I kind of question the initial premise. But if you must, go with the clip-on mic. You'll have better headroom.

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?

Video Guides