The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Large-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone with Switchable Pad and Bass Roll-off Filter

Discussions

Is the AKG C3000 (original black version) really THAT bad?

I have been offered an AKG C3000 (original black version, not the 'B') for a very reasonable price. I have never personally used one of these mics or the later 'B' version but they seem to have attained a terrible reputation for sounding bad on almost everything. However, I remember reading an article about...

View Post

What's your favorite vocal mic that you currently own?

It's what you do with it that counts. I cut a vocal 20 years ago! .... on an AKG C3000 £200 into a tiny Art Tube MP that cost me £40 into a LA Audio mono compressor £100. It was an inspired performance - full of emotion and sounded great. I tried to re-record the song a...

View Post

Microphone(s) for live recording

To answer your questions: For what I want to do and without any experience $500 for a pair of microphones would be reasonable. Per Gearlutz link "Best pair of microphones for 300~400€ ". Many bargains on ebay. Headphones: new, still boxed AKG K240 bought too many years ago, ¼" connector. Tape: have several reels, new, given to me...

View Post