The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Description

Highly affordable AKG large-diaphragm microphone technology; cardioid polar pattern for multiplicity of vocal and instrument applications. The earlier model C3000 has had a large fan club in the project studio and home recording worlds for years. For the new C3000 B, AKG designed a special 1-inch large-diaphragm transducer that closely approximates the vibration performance of top-class studio microphones, but can be made at much lower cost. Due to its surface area and special capsule tuning, the C3000 B large-diaphragm transducer produces an exceptionally pleasing, smooth sound. Unlike in the C3000, the switchable 10-dB preattenuation pad immediately follows the transducer in the signal path, thus increasing the C 3000 B's SPL capability by a true 10 dB. Loud sound sources are therefore no problem. An acoustically optimized cardioid polar pattern makes the C3000 B an excellent choice for both recording and live sound applications where high gain before feedback is paramount.

Discussions

What's in YOUR mic locker???

1 - AT2020 2 - AT3525 2 - Rode NT5 1 - AKG C3000b (great for hats!) 1 - Apex125 1 - Apex126 1 - Shure PG52 3 - Shure PG56 To be bought this summer: M179 As many E/V ND468 as I can afford (hopefully 5) Electro-Harmonix EH-R1

View Post

JZ microphones Vintage 67

SO glad you decided to hang in there and get these mics. I probably sound like a broken record sometimes telling people about these, but remember these mics used to sell for $1400, and even at that price people use to rave about them.

View Post

Condenser mics on guitar amp cabinets

I've been experimenting with mic'ing my amp's more lately. A long time ago I would just throw my Akg C3000b in front of it and record, and I always liked the results. I sold that mic when I started buying new ones last year. It's not the greatest mic by any means, but in...

View Post

Reviews

Nobody has reviewed this product yet. Have an opinion?